DS #1185: Nervous Brickdown (USA)

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Please tell me this one doesn't pointlessly use the stylus to move the bat too (the cover art makes me wonder), or if it does is there an option to switch to dpad? Brick 'em all was a complete pain to play because of that, the stylus got in the way of seeing the ball when trying to catch it.
frown.gif
One of the most pointless control system choices I've ever seen.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Please tell me this one doesn't pointlessly use the stylus to move the bat too (the cover art makes me wonder), or if it does is there an option to switch to dpad? Brick 'em all was a complete pain to play because of that, the stylus got in the way of seeing the ball when trying to catch it.
frown.gif

Stylus only AFAIK, but you can use the stylus anywhere in the screen, so you can actually have the stylus under the bat and still have perfect control of it.

warbird

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have had no problems playing this game on my m3simply with a made in japan 2gb kingston microsd. Doesnt run slow or anything. Its a great game. Really different. Loved the ghost maps.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
frown.gif
It's is stylus only I believe, but many of the gameplay modes make use of stylus only because in these modes, you can move the pattle/bat almost anywhere you want on the touch screen.

Sil3n7

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IGN tested it

QUOTE said:
8.5 Presentation
Lots of style in ultimately a simple game design. It's just Breakout, but it's cool to see just how far the designers take it.

8.5 Graphics
Bright and vibrant and full of life. Lots of cool, subtle visual effects going on.

7.0 Sound
The music has as much style as the visuals, but the tunes can get a little repetitive and distracting.

7.5 Gameplay
It's all a bunch of moving left and right (and occasionally, all over the place) whacking a ball and knocking out blocks. It gets old quickly, but take a break and you'll get some good use out of it.

7.0 Lasting Appeal
There's a rather fun and simple single cartridge multiplayer game here, as well as some hidden extras activated by scores and the system clock.

Good OVERALL

Yes, but, as we all know, IGN's scoring scale starts at 7.
They used to over rate games but now they are better about it

Knab

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The game crashes at the eidos/arkedo screens after rebooting the game. I have to erase the save file from the TF when I want to play this game. Even if you dont create a save file for it (x button), the game still crashes. It also crashes after selecting the "quit" option in the pause menu.

Im using M3 simply (1.06).

Bad news. This game crashes on one of the final game types, Retro, on both my DSX and M3 SD.

M3 simply too.

why not just use the patch software for the R4 1.10 firmware? i did and i have no problem with it and im running the hacked /patched R4 1.10 firmware with my m3 simply

CatScam

ScamaRama!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know this is just a breakout type of game, but what a nice job they did. These are some of the most unique levels I have ever seen on a game like this. Needless to say I like the game.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
After playing four of the "worlds", I have to say that this is one of the most unique brick-breaking games.

It starts you off in an Arkanoid-like world, complete with powerups. (Fewer / larger bricks, though.)

Other worlds take the brick-breaking game and add new gimics to it. (Without power-ups, sadly.) The ghost world requires you to clear a path in a vertical scrolling map. The worlds even have bosses!

The most unique feature about this game comes after you've destroyed a number of bricks on a world. You get the ability to blow into the mic to keep the ball aloft. (I'm tired of NDS "blow" games, but at least this one adds something different.)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a damn nice game, with some nice touches too. I do wish you could play with the d-pad on the regular levels though.

Milk Boy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just posting to confirm that this game does crash on the "Retro" level. It's a damn shame, because this is the second to last level in the game (unless there are more unlockable ones) and it was really fun up until that point.

For the blowing in the mic I just rub my thumb on the little hole as ussual, because blowing is troublesome. Also, I haven't even tried multiplayer yet. I'd say this game is worth the cash, so I don't have a problem going out and buying it so I can play the whole thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1