DS #0982: Shin Sangoku Musou DS: Fighter's Battle (Japan)

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
is this dynasty Warriors
unsure.gif

DigitalSilence

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is all that Wiki had on the game:

QUOTE said:
Dynasty Warriors DS (??????DS?????????:"Shin Sangokumusou DS Fighters Battle" in Japan; literally meaning "True - Unrivaled Three Kingdoms DS Fighters Battle") is a Nintendo DS action video game developed by Koei. It is a game in the Dynasty Warriors series. The game will be released on April 5, 2007 in Japan. The release dates of the North American and Europe versions are currently unknown.

The game is set in ancient China. The player can choose a warrior out of Suzaku(??), Seiryuu(??) and Genbu(??).

Gameplay

The game features a "Warrior Cards" system with over 100 cards. In battles, the cards are used to summon the warriors of the Dynasty Warriors series to assist the player in battles. Decks can be formed by the players.

I kinda wish cards would have been left in wax packs with gum and not thrown into games (pointless?), but maybe thats just me.

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

QUOTE said:
Dynasty Warriors DS (??????DS?????????:"Shin Sangokumusou DS Fighters Battle" in Japan; literally meaning "True - Unrivaled Three Kingdoms DS Fighters Battle") is a Nintendo DS action video game developed by Koei. It is a game in the Dynasty Warriors series. The game will be released on April 5, 2007 in Japan. The release dates of the North American and Europe versions are currently unknown.

The game is set in ancient China. The player can choose a warrior out of Suzaku(??), Seiryuu(??) and Genbu(??).

Gameplay

The game features a "Warrior Cards" system with over 100 cards. In battles, the cards are used to summon the warriors of the Dynasty Warriors series to assist the player in battles. Decks can be formed by the players.

I kinda wish cards would have been left in wax packs with gum and not thrown into games (pointless?), but maybe thats just me.

thanks. i knew it was dynasty warriors with just looking at the picture and dynasty warriors card game what where they thinking
blink.gif

paolo90

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

QUOTE said:

Gameplay

same here... not a big fan of (DIGITAL) card games too
tongue.gif

SlyGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How to make a Japanese game

Ingredients:
* Characters with big eyes and funky haircuts
* Way more dialog than is probably needed for the genre
* A lot of English thrown in in random places
* Some sort of card system that uses the touch screen
* Really silly looking box art
* A title that, when translated, becomes a paragraph of text

stingfist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How to make a Japanese game

Ingredients:
* Characters with big eyes and funky haircuts
* Way more dialog than is probably needed for the genre
* A lot of English thrown in in random places
* Some sort of card system that uses the touch screen
* Really silly looking box art
* A title that, when translated, becomes a paragraph of text

rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif
rofl2.gif

Man I look at all the Japanese games and how true!
biggrin.gif

JayceMJ

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There's not really a card system in the game. There are "Cards" but really, you just choose 3 generals to guard your bases. This happens before you start the battle. In game there's a random spell thing which so far it's only cycling between two (earthquake and meteor) spells, you have to collect a certain amount of coins then it'll randomly chose one of them.

You run around in a multi stage map. Each map has a different set up of stages. All of these stages have a bunch of units in them and you have to defeat a certain amount of them to move on. There's different kinds of special units that you have to do certain things to kill/to start to kill them. (The only stages you don't have to defeat units on are ones where your bases occupy)

When you and your opposing commander are on the same stage you start a 1 on 1 battle with them. The loser gets sent to one of the respawn points while the winner stays (respawn points are signified on the map with a dotted line).

The goal is to get the opposing commander's two bunkers and then take their base. All three of these points have a general inside them that you have to defeat 1 on 1.

The game design is pretty short sighted, not really fit for a hand held, and can end up just a plethora of 1 on 1 fights with the opposing commander. The last game I played took 45 minutes to complete.

Still a fun game though, at least I'm enjoying it. It's what you'd expect from a Dynasty Warriors game, lots of button mashing and lots of killing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, hi