Hacking Drive Won't Format to WBFS

alemerson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying to format a lacie 250gb drive to wbfs. ive checked the compatibility list and it seems like it whould work fine. Im using wbfs manager 3.0. no matter what i do it always say an error occured while attempting to format. I am running it under windows 7 rc1, and i have used it to format 2 other drives succesfully. I then attempted two other managers, neither of which worked. I am currently trying to format using the latest revision of usb loader gx.

can someone help me troubleshoot this drive?

alemerson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unfortunately for me i don't own a tower. And to be honest, im a mac guy, running windows 7 via bootcap on a macbook pro laptop

K3G4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brokenballa said:
easeus partition master 4.0 home edition google it

its a free powerful partition manager if it can do it nothing can

Use partition master to format the drive to FAT. Then try WBFS manager to format the drive again to WBFS.

HostileJava

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure the drive is FAT16 or FAT32 and not NTFS? You can check this through any partitioning tool including the disk manager included in windows 7. I'm not sure of the exact steps to access it as I don't have a windows 7 machine in front of me right now, however on other versions of windows you right click on my computer, click manage, and then click disk manager on the left pane of the screen that comes up.

alemerson

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay i partitioned it and formtated it fat32, it didn't work initially (same error) but out of frustration i tried it two more times and the third time it worked.. weird

anyway thanks

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for that, ronatola.
Unfortunately this question is from 2009, so the issue is probably long-since solved.
But hopefully that suggestion will help someone else, now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Link the Twink?