Daumian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi
I have an RGH'd Xbox 360 and I want to play backups of my games. I had an idea to use my old pendrive to store all my games on, but there is a problem. It's slow, like really sloooowww. And here is my question: What is the minimum read speed required for playing Xbox 360 games. Does anyone have an idea?

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your best bet is to get a 2.5" SATA laptop HDD, and slap it in. If it's a newer slim, You can just slide it into the internal connector. If it's an old Phat, you'll need to take apart the HDD case. It'll take up to a 2TB. USB is extremely slow.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Daumian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Your best bet is to get a 2.5" SATA laptop HDD, and slap it in. If it's a newer slim, You can just slide it into the internal connector. If it's an old Phat, you'll need to take apart the HDD case. It'll take up to a 2TB. USB is extremely slow.

Yes, I know that. I already have an internal drive, 250GB one and it fills up pretty quickly. To replace it i would have to take apart my xbox and I dont really have an experience and tools to do that well enough. And you know I would have to buy a new hdd. This usb drive i have already.

I tried playing a game of of it and it worked fine. The gameplay is ok, there is no stuttering or anything but the load times thooo, there are like 5x slower. Its like loading a game from a dvd drive.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I know that. I already have an internal drive, 250GB one and it fills up pretty quickly. To replace it i would have to take apart my xbox and I dont really have an experience and tools to do that well enough. And you know I would have to buy a new hdd. This usb drive i have already.

I tried playing a game of of it and it worked fine. The gameplay is ok, there is no stuttering or anything but the load times thooo, there are like 5x slower. Its like loading a game from a dvd drive.
No you don't. Only the HDD case if its a phat. If it's a slim, you just pop off the cover and slide it in. Use a light to get it lined up to the connector, and secure it with a few pieces of cardboard.

Daumian

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No you don't. Only the HDD case if its a phat. If it's a slim, you just pop off the cover and slide it in. Use a light to get it lined up to the connector, and secure it with a few pieces of cardboard.
It's a slim. Well I thought I would have to get to the motherboard on this thing to get to hdd. If it's that easy I might think about getting a new one :yay:

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
From
http://www.osta.org/technology/dvdqa/dvdqa4.htm
Screenshot_2018-04-16_20-40-23.png

At one point we did have lower read speed hacked DVD firmwares, circa 6x for some -- if you ever heard an early model xbox reading at full speed you will understand why some opted for such things.
For stealth reasons this was later forced back to 12x but the fact remains it could and did work for older ones.

USB 2.0 tops out at around 30 megs a second and even the more modest drives are seldom that short of that... in writing mode never mind reading so you are good there. Most slowness does come when you load down a USB with a lot of instructions (it is why you are told to look at the IOPS of a SSD type hard drive when buying them for your PC)

That said if you can swing an internal drive it is very much worth the effort.

Reactions: brickmii82

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-