Hacking drive noise

dhh93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i installed a key-clip in my wii, with wiikey firmware. it runs backups like a charm, but when i put the origional in it makes a bad noise when spinning the disc. it still plays, but is this normal?

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
can you pick out which noise it is from some of these videos ? or make your own !
happy.gif

Wii making a lot of noise, clicking, Help =D

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=794...t&p=1044049

i think i know what noise you're talking about but its hard to describe and i dont have the video =[

noisound

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
im wondering if you can try putting in an original with the key clip off, since it is a clip after all
happy.gif
but that would mean 10 mins of opening and closing your wii again ;x
this is just to make sure if its definitely the drive chip

i dont understand why the wii will make more noise for some discs (even originals in your case) either =[ maybe new wii firmware caused changes in disc reading. sometimes the noise will go away if you reinsert the disc

just recently i was playing splinter cell double agent original and it was spinning/rumbling pretty loudly too like in the video you linked up there. reinserting the disc didnt help =[
darn the dodgy wii noises ;P even if we shouldnt worry about it, since there's no definite answer its a worry !

dhh93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i read somewhere to loosen the screws, so i opened the wii and loosened the screws holding the drive in. i no longer hear the annoying buzzing sound! but i dont get it still why only originals?

donchen

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It might be due to the thickness of the media ?

If i am not wrong, DVDs have VERY VERY slight difference in the thickness. So maybe originals have slightly thicker media ?

2 cents worth =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)