Gaming Drifting analog stick

Magmorph

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since I replaced the housing on my PSP the analog stick has been drifting. Cleaning the contacts had no affect. I know the problem is that there is not enough pressure to make the proper connection between the analog stick and the motherboard but I am not sure of a way to fix it. I cannot tighten the screws holding the faceplate on anymore but if i put pressure near the analog stick it stops drifting. Does anyone have any ideas?

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Or try recaliberating your analog stick. System > System settings > system information and then turn your analog stick in circles for about 5 times.

Magmorph

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't a calibration or software problem. It just isn't connecting to the motherboard properly. Would it be possible to solder the analog stick directly onto the motherboard? I can't think of any other way to make the connection.

This is a 1000 by the way.

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DO like I did to fix my psp 3000

the little black latch that held the ribbon in place broke so I taped the ribbon over the connector and added a piece of paper on top of it so that when you place the D-pad part back on, it would add pressure to the paper->connector. Now I has 2 psps
biggrin.gif

Just add a little piece of paper above where the ribbon connector is on the motherboard

Teny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way the Analog is made between the 1000/2000 and 3000 is different. The 1000/2000 use an silicone to connect the analog to the motherboard.

Try getting an new analog stick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E