mrjelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
Can anyone let me know if it's possible to emulate the vmu bonus games on the Dreamcast and get those bonuses back into an emulated game?
E.g. play an emulated Sega GT game, save the mini game, play the mini game then import the bonuses back into your game?
Thanks all!

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for getting back. So would this transfer from a DC emulator to a vmu emulator and back again?
This would most certainly let you transfer VMU files from a CD or SD card adapter to the memory unit.

mrjelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah ok. What I'm looking to do it transfer from a vmu save from a DC emulator to a vmu emulator, play a mini game then transfer back to the DC emulator vmu save therefore reap the benefits of the vmu mini game in my emulated DC save.
Like raise chaos in chao garden vmu game then transfer those to a DC saver in a DC emulator e.g. flycast

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah ok. What I'm looking to do it transfer from a vmu save from a DC emulator to a vmu emulator, play a mini game then transfer back to the DC emulator vmu save therefore reap the benefits of the vmu mini game in my emulated DC save.
Like raise chaos in chao garden vmu game then transfer those to a DC saver in a DC emulator e.g. flycast
Are they in VMI format?

mrjelly

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Are they in VMI format?
Looking into it, flycast puts the vmu files as .bin files.
So not .vmi, so I guess you're saying if the flycast vmu files could be .vmi then they could be loaded in a vmu emulator?

Can these be converted?

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking into it, flycast puts the vmu files as .bin files.
So not .vmi, so I guess you're saying if the flycast vmu files could be .vmi then they could be loaded in a vmu emulator?

Can these be converted?
You might wanna convert them and import them into here: https://segaretro.org/VMU_Explorer

Reactions: mrjelly

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch +1