Hacking Dreamcast and PSP emulators for Wii

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
There is a Wii emulator called Wii64. I use it to play LoZ, SM64, and MK64. It runs very smoothly. No lag at all.
Wii64 is actually super-outdated, you should probably try Not64. Either way, the Wii barely manages to achieve N64 emulation and doesn't have the juice to go beyond that.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii64 is actually super-outdated, you should probably try Not64. Either way, the Wii barely manages to achieve N64 emulation and doesn't have the juice to go beyond that.

I would think that this is Barely being able to run N64 emulation compared to the Wii.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii barely handles N64 games, even when using the Virtual Console sometimes. There's no chance a homebrew Dreamcast emulator could run playable on the Wii. The PSP is just impossible, considering it's almost as powerful as the Wii. My general rule for enjoyable emulation is a system needs roughly 8x (mainly CPU and GPU) more powerful than the original system.

Reactions: Foxi4

DiegoSousa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The Wii barely handles N64 games, even when using the Virtual Console sometimes. There's no chance a homebrew Dreamcast emulator could run playable on the Wii. The PSP is just impossible, considering it's almost as powerful as the Wii. My general rule for enjoyable emulation is a system needs roughly 8x (mainly CPU and GPU) more powerful than the original system.

Is it possible to emulate the PSP and DreamCast on WiiU ?, It is much more powerful.
Is anyone interested in developing this project? Do you have a link?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.techradar.com/gaming/consoles-pc/ayns-new-gaming-handheld-looks-like-a-psp-and-it-mig...