Hacking Dragon's Crown PS3 (U) Save Editing / Items

Create a save patch with boosted equips for all 6 characters?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

loxley00

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct Jaden, that's what I was referring to, capping affixes in lower difficulties. For instance in normal difficulty a weapon with affix for damage given + using hex value 64 00 etc provides a dmg increase of only ~10% (per affix). However affixes like durability down dmg+ 50% is a static affix and shows drastically increased dmg over dng + given, in lower difficulties, for those on they first okay throughs etc.

Secondly about the online part, it would definitely appear the hacks have gone online and they corrupt others saves pretty badly, in fact the entire reason I decided to try my own hand editing this game, before finding this board wad picking up a set of modified bones that cost something like a million gold to res. Since this amount is a little absurd in dragons crown, I decided to edit my save to find it what made the cost so high, and once res'd they were extremely over powered. This in part lead me to here. But the online bones using extreme affixes is apparently going on rampantly. Although I have not found anyone else online modified, and I myself only use a, legit backup save to play online, apparently there are many forum boards full of post about the hacking and corrupting data.

boogersculptor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
speaking on the subject of haxor'd bones causing corrupt saves, it seems to only b relevant to hack'd item usage. so if u make an item have 999 usage this will cause the save corruption. it deals with the fact that once in awhile u can gain items from the buried bones, and its a direct correlation between the item u get the and an item that the buried bones had.

res'ing bones doesnt corrupt as ive res'd MANY hacked japanese and 'english' bones and had no problems. but once i buried a set of hack'd bones i got a corrupt save. thank bob and bog that i had a few bkups.

but i would def like to see a save repair feature in ur app. i think that would b glorious.

Nanohurtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The file on PS3cheats has what your team has been working on (unless it's a rip) plus a few entries to maximize attributes on all 8 slots of weapon 1.

[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill Slot Max *Normal Weapon]
0000A68B 000000C6
[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill Slot Max *Magic Weapon]
0000A68B 00000046
[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill 1 Change]
2000A648 013F0000
2000A64C 43E10000
[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill 2 Change Damage +100%]
2000A650 00DA0000
2000A654 441FC000
[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill 3 Change]
2000A658 00DB0000
2000A65C 44634000
[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill 4 Change Critical +100%]
2000A660 00DC0000
2000A664 444BC000
[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill 5 Change Guard Disregard]
2000A668 01200000
2000A66C 43BF0000
[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill 6 Change Speed +100%]
2000A670 01300000
2000A674 446D8000
[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill 7 Change]
2000A678 003E0000
2000A67C 43860000
[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill 8 Change Item Drop +100%]
2000A680 003F0000
2000A684 43E10000

The entries work great on my sexy Amazon - no errors or bugs, and make grinding that much more fun. It's all great until my NPC party members start dropping like flies however on the more annoying bosses. What would be nice is if there was a way to increase the number of lives for the 3 NPC's in the party, as well as increase duration, and atk of their weapons. It's just a "wish" and not a request. The present cheat file is working great. Just an idea for people like me who got tired of camping for skeletons to replace NPC party members.

Ecchi Ichiban

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Nano, I saw this on the keha? blog site. Skill 3 is Damage Taken -% and Skill 7 is Durability Reduction -%. I didn't see what what Skill 1 is but that can be tested. Some attributes/affixes become useless for the modded character like durability or gaining coin so I added my own. I also almost have a whole revamped savepatch. I've begun to label particular bytes for easier reference.Maybe this might help some people still trying to understand.

Capture.jpg
[/url][/IMG]
(right-click 'View Image' if it's not showing)

I'm sure LocSP and a few others know this but it helps to train myself and 'see' where things are and note possible meanings. This also repeats down to the 5th equipment slot. Technically, it can go further if weapons and equipments are moved around. This item section changes slightly depending on the item. Like Durability becomes restock amounts for Usable items and the Atk changes to Def.

Anyway, I'm sure LocSP's getting everything ready in the app. Although, I'm still trying figure out the usable item codes. That will take a bit of time but I notice that it's locked to Uses per Dungeon. I can seem to force a higher number. Like any other equipment there are also affixes separated by FF. This may have to do with Effects like Heal Potions (S) doing only 30%.

I'm working on the affixes list and their effects. 6400 is great but I'd rather have something mild and accurate to be able to still play with friends. 44C8 has different effects for several different affixes. These particular codes denotes percentages and it's killing me.

LocSP - You still need to have codes done for First Slot Weapons for all 6 characters? I think I can also do the affixes for the accessories. I'm also trying to finish the Affixes and Effects list as well as the Item ID list. Let me know if you want it. I'm pulling most from the JP site but I have to test missing values too.

UPDATE Warning: The JP version already have an update (which may be why I can't play with some friends overseas) but it has been mention that it may cap durability or search for the ones with 9999 and bring it down to something like 4500. So, I would either randomize the durability or just bring it down and apply specific weapons, equipments, items to other bags for those chains.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello guys,

It's brought to my attention that ps3cheating has updated their Dragon's Crown save patch to be superior to that I have on #1. Though all but four of their codes are known to us, the updated patch is not a rip. I wanted to update the unofficial save patch to be much like the official one, but my concentration on building the Dragon's Crown Save Editor app has mitigated its progress. I will tear down the link to the unofficial save patch. Feel free to use the official save patch. All this work was in part inspired by ps3cheating and such sources, so I do not feel too defeated. There was simply no competition from us in the first place.

Our trump card will be the Editor. The philosophy behind it is to grant anyone the power to mod their game with greater control than using a save patch and relying so much on BSD. It is in part inspired by the existence of save editing apps for other games on the PS3. In fact, my future plans include building an app for GTA V, Diablo 3 and so on, or joining such communities.

For certain, there will be a save editing app for this game, and your research will be credited and not be put to waste.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You still need to have codes done for First Slot Weapons for all 6 characters? I think I can also do the affixes for the accessories. I'm also trying to finish the Affixes and Effects list as well as the Item ID list. Let me know if you want it. I'm pulling most from the JP site but I have to test missing values too.
Hey Ecchi Ichiban, I know the locations of all characters, their bags, and the equipment in them. Our pro, Jaden, is already looking into the effects of editing affix values, and getting missing affixes. You can help him if you like, though I wish to keep him feeling important for that role.
You are right that the values denote percentages, and there has hardly been any work on engineering and reversing those values to be understandable and editable by the user.
I think you can take the role on exploring usable items. There isn't a list of them out there, and we can't edit their uses-per-dungeon yet.

Jaden0707

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loc thx for the credit, appreciate it!

Ecchi, i've actually have majority figured out but feel free to help out as it's a bit hard for
me to fiddle around on weekdays due to my work schedule. I'll send you my WIP file and u can help complete missing parts.
I've rested about 80-85% of the affixes & their values and have a grasp of bytes to %.

Ecchi Ichiban

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Loc, I'll definitely work on the items. Those percentages are killers seeing as how some of them affect affixes differently.

Hey Jaden, Sounds great. I'm pretty excited to try the new codes and see what they'll do. PM me later.

Nanohurtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,

It's brought to my attention that ps3cheating has updated their Dragon's Crown save patch to be superior to that I have on #1. Though all but four of their codes are known to us, the updated patch is not a rip. I wanted to update the unofficial save patch to be much like the official one, but my concentration on building the Dragon's Crown Save Editor app has mitigated its progress. I will tear down the link to the unofficial save patch. Feel free to use the official save patch. All this work was in part inspired by ps3cheating and such sources, so I do not feel too defeated. There was simply no competition from us in the first place.

Our trump card will be the Editor. The philosophy behind it is to grant anyone the power to mod their game with greater control than using a save patch and relying so much on BSD. It is in part inspired by the existence of save editing apps for other games on the PS3. In fact, my future plans include building an app for GTA V, Diablo 3 and so on, or joining such communities.

For certain, there will be a save editing app for this game, and your research will be credited and not be put to waste.

No harm intended by the "rip" remark. If so, my apologies. Your work is grounbreaking! I found your contribution first before any other on the net (including ps3cheating) and am still impressed with the work so far. Honestly, i merged the two files as best as newbie can. So I am happy to be one of the few to have the best of both worlds. Durability was missing in my life.

I've taken your advice and avoided suspicious skeleton piles and make regular backups of my files.

I am still looking forward to your UI to hopefully tailor weapons, and attributes for each of my NPC's in my party. I'm curious to see what happens if i customized a weapon with all 8 slots being 100% stat boosts. Would they stack? Could I theorhetically do 800% damage or would it be exponential? Lol

I admire everyone's work thus far including the JP translations which alone is a monumental undertaking. Keep it up, I'm definitely a fan.

- bookmarked :)

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No harm intended by the "rip" remark. If so, my apologies. Your work is grounbreaking! I found your contribution first before any other on the net (including ps3cheating) and am still impressed with the work so far. Honestly, i merged the two files as best as newbie can. So I am happy to be one of the few to have the best of both worlds. Durability was missing in my life.

I've taken your advice and avoided suspicious skeleton piles and make regular backups of my files.

I am still looking forward to your UI to hopefully tailor weapons, and attributes for each of my NPC's in my party. I'm curious to see what happens if i customized a weapon with all 8 slots being 100% stat boosts. Would they stack? Could I theorhetically do 800% damage or would it be exponential? Lol

I admire everyone's work thus far including the JP translations which alone is a monumental undertaking. Keep it up, I'm definitely a fan.

- bookmarked :)

:lol: When you said 'rip', I wasn't anticipating on getting accused. No harm done. PS3cheating does have its sources ;)... Plagiarism is forbidden among my occupations.
Like weapon skills (affixes I call them) do not stack on a single equip. Duplicates disappear in game and have no effect. The damage cap is 99,999. Too much of everything else just backfires. To avoid that - is the point of our research.
If you need help on merging our work with theirs, I can help.
Also, one of us could be working on a custom save patch so people can fiddle around with...
So, thanks for your support on our behalf.

Ecchi Ichiban

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saw the PS3Cheating savepatch... eh. It's restrictive and doesn't explain the issue of increasing def to 255 on the low level and normal setting characters. People using will be facing the quicker death issues. I does seem like the combo of the basic JP release and the one I saw from Nano (or Keha's blog). I'm more excited for the app creation. May even be like Gibbed's Borderlands 2 Editor.

ryuk3n

Trophies
XP
Country
hi LocSP,
please re-post or message the link of your last blus30767 save patch previously posted in #1 the one with the item durability. thanks!

ryuk3n

Trophies
XP
Country
The file on PS3cheats has what your team has been working on (unless it's a rip) plus a few entries to maximize attributes on all 8 slots of weapon 1.

[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill Slot Max *Normal Weapon]
0000A68B 000000C6
[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill Slot Max *Magic Weapon]
0000A68B 00000046
[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill 1 Change]
2000A648 013F0000
2000A64C 43E10000
[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill 2 Change Damage +100%]
2000A650 00DA0000
2000A654 441FC000
[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill 3 Change]
2000A658 00DB0000
2000A65C 44634000
[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill 4 Change Critical +100%]
2000A660 00DC0000
2000A664 444BC000
[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill 5 Change Guard Disregard]
2000A668 01200000
2000A66C 43BF0000
[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill 6 Change Speed +100%]
2000A670 01300000
2000A674 446D8000
[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill 7 Change]
2000A678 003E0000
2000A67C 43860000
[Data 1 - Character 1 Equipment 1 Skill 8 Change Item Drop +100%]
2000A680 003F0000
2000A684 43E10000

The entries work great on my sexy Amazon - no errors or bugs, and make grinding that much more fun. It's all great until my NPC party members start dropping like flies however on the more annoying bosses. What would be nice is if there was a way to increase the number of lives for the 3 NPC's in the party, as well as increase duration, and atk of their weapons. It's just a "wish" and not a request. The present cheat file is working great. Just an idea for people like me who got tired of camping for skeletons to replace NPC party members.

Hi!
What are *Normal and *Magical Weapons? Do I need to choose one or choose both if l'm using a Fighter. Thanks!

Ecchi Ichiban

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ryu, Physical Normal Weapon or Elemental Magic Weapon. They're based on your class. Seems only the Sorceress or Wizard have the Staffs. I believe the rest are physical. Elf may be a DEX item it's still physical. You don't need to choose the weapon, just the code. The Save Patch that was from post #1 is a little less than what's on PS3Cheating now. If you're using the newest BruteForce, you should be able to download it. Which version of DC do you have?

ryuk3n

Trophies
XP
Country
Ryu, Physical Normal Weapon or Elemental Magic Weapon. They're based on your class. Seems only the Sorceress or Wizard have the Staffs. I believe the rest are physical. Elf may be a DEX item it's still physical. You don't need to choose the weapon, just the code. The Save Patch that was from post #1 is a little less than what's on PS3Cheating now. If you're using the newest BruteForce, you should be able to download it. Which version of DC do you have?

Thank you. Im using latest BSD and US version of DC (BLUS30767).

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi LocSP,
please re-post or message the link of your last blus30767 save patch previously posted in #1 the one with the item durability. thanks!

Hey ryuk3n, as per your request, I'll upload a generic save patch featuring maxed durability, but it lacks affix modifications. One of my crew is also preparing a save patch that makes you OP. See it in a while.

herman925

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Great to see the progress gradually moving. I'm not good of a hacker nor tester but I'm really gonna support this! Thanks for the efforts!

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great to see the progress gradually moving. I'm not good of a hacker nor tester but I'm really gonna support this! Thanks for the efforts!

Thanks for the support. I'm currently connecting the first few pieces of data to controls in the Editor, and I might be able to present some screenshots around the weekend.

Reactions: herman925

Jaden0707

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So was in middle of testing and all of sudden now there is a 1.01 patch update. . . .Saw on some board apparently now cant have 2 of the same type attribute together on affix. So no Str+ & Con+ on the same item. . . . .Can anyone cnfm this?

Hope link is allowed here. . .

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633261-dragons-crown/66921270?page=6

UPDATE:
confirm 255 defense & 99999 durability not valid anymore.
As the jpn site confirms duribility cap is now 4500.
Also confirm for weapon, no 2 of same attrbute allowed. However different element resistance
Still allowed on armor, e.g burning immune, freeze immune, fire resist & ice resist can still be
On same armor or accessory.

LocSP

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I came across a dude who couldn't use Attack 255~255 as well. I need to confirm the Defense cap. Or better, someone send me their save data for 1.01 .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Psi likes Cream Pie I hear