Gaming DragonQuest VII

d12unk13astard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone else soo friggin hyped for this game and its winter release, this was my first jrpg game on the ps1 i bought back in 2001, yea i skipped out on FF7 and went for the better series which is DQ!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I hope the .cia gets dump but I think the ps2 one will be awesome
That's a good way to show how you do not anticipate the game.

We got the after thought localization treatment but at least we have one game dated and the other to be dated. Better not do anything who could lead to VIII's canceling or XI 3D not reaching the West.

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Im very hyped!! Does anyone know another dragon quest game that is English and have similiar graphics (most importantly battle animations)
I don't like 2D dragon quest shit.

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Im very hyped!! Does anyone know another dragon quest game that is English and have similiar graphics (most importantly battle animations)
I don't like 2D dragon quest shit.
If by 2D Dragon Quest "shit" you mean the 2D/3D mix used in the Playstation and DS remakes, there are pure 2D versions for Draque 1-6 on Super Nes/famicom. Also: pure 3D versions for the VII remake (to come on 3DS) and the VIII (PS2, soon 3DS), the IX (original game on DS, a lot of hommages to traditional Dragon Quests games, but very unlike others) and the X (a monthly fees MMORPG, the client exists for PC, WiiU, 3DS)

d12unk13astard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VIII will be localized just like VII, IX was amazing to play thru. In fact 4,5,6 on ds were all great! Wish they would upgrade the first 3 to ds/3ds graphics cuz i never played them on the nes.

I actually bought the first 3 on my android phone but still havent played them cuz i hate onscreen controls and rather play on the 3ds.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Last edited by d12unk13astard,

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
no offense but imo all those dragon quests are utter garbage. Because when you attack it looks first person there is NO visual representation whatsoever of your attacks or characters. Atleast in the later ones they switch to character view when a attack is pressed. Not epic otherwise.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i am super duper hyped, i plan on buying 2 copies of it.

(already played DQ8 but i will buy that one eventually) i will be buying to support the series, i do not ever want DQ to die out in the west.

it is one of the best series imo. along with the Tales series, i friggin love DQ games.

very very hyped :)

Kennerc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
VIII will be localized just like VII, IX was amazing to play thru. In fact 4,5,6 on ds were all great! Wish they would upgrade the first 3 to ds/3ds graphics cuz i never played them on the nes.

I actually bought the first 3 on my android phone but still havent played them cuz i hate onscreen controls and rather play on the 3ds.

Do yourself a favor and play at least the third one, the controls are great.

The first one You'll be able to finish under 10 hours, the second one will take long and be a little harder.

But the third one is one of the best Nes Rpg.

Reactions: d12unk13astard

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
My first playthrough of the third was a translation of the SNES remake, and I do not regret it. Dragon Quest VII is a definite buy seeing as I own 4,5,6,8 and 9, I want to own 7 too. Now if they would remake the Roto/Erdrick trilogy (1,2,3) for any modern system that would be awesome.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've heard great things about VII but I've never played it, so definitely really looking forward to any releases for the 3DS :)

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France

You should play the Super Famicom version (translated). Someone even made a SFC VC for n3DS a few months ago

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
no offense but imo all those dragon quests are utter garbage. Because when you attack it looks first person there is NO visual representation whatsoever of your attacks or characters. Atleast in the later ones they switch to character view when a attack is pressed. Not epic otherwise.
This version has your characters, your attacks, and your enemies attacks all visible in battle and even on the overhead map (no random encounters).
example of battle scene

Last edited by zoogie,

d12unk13astard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im definetly buying 2 copies of this game to support it and show square that DQ is very loved and needed over here in the US! Also cant wait for DQXI which ill buy a ps4 just for that game!

Reactions: leonmagnus99

AyanamiRei

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Im definetly buying 2 copies of this game to support it and show square that DQ is very loved and needed over here in the US! Also cant wait for DQXI which ill buy a ps4 just for that game!

Don't you want to play the XI 3DS with its dual view 3DCG/2D sprite ?

This version has your characters, your attacks, and your enemies attacks all visible in battle and even on the overhead map (no random encounters).
example of battle scene
You made me fear the remake for an instant. XD (until I checked the trailer and confirmed it still uses the old Draque battle view convention slightly revamped)
Still kind of sad about the random encounters disappearance: before, you just had to walk a line and repeat to train, now you have to go meet a monster then another one, then reload the area etc.

Last edited by AyanamiRei,

Hamstermascot

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
If by 2D Dragon Quest "shit" you mean the 2D/3D mix used in the Playstation and DS remakes, there are pure 2D versions for Draque 1-6 on Super Nes/famicom. Also: pure 3D versions for the VII remake (to come on 3DS) and the VIII (PS2, soon 3DS), the IX (original game on DS, a lot of hommages to traditional Dragon Quests games, but very unlike others) and the X (a monthly fees MMORPG, the client exists for PC, WiiU, 3DS)

DQVII is also coming to the playstore. I'm planning to just install it on my n3ds, but I might buy it on the playstore. First will download it and test how it will look on my TV with a MHL adapter ofcourse.

d12unk13astard

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you want to play the XI 3DS with its dual view 3DCG/2D sprite ?

You made me fear the remake for an instant. XD (until I checked the trailer and confirmed it still uses the old Draque battle view convention slightly revamped)
Still kind of sad about the random encounters disappearance: before, you just had to walk a line and repeat to train, now you have to go meet a monster then another one, then reload the area etc.

I probaly will put it on my que but id prefer to play it on the big screen first and in HD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: