Dragon Quest XI gets western release date

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Osha

Osha Weh

Jun 19, 2012
    France
    That's a real bummer for the 3DS version, it was the most unique of the bunch. Hopefully its features will be implemented into the Switch version.
    ... Whenever that comes out...

Subtle Demise likes this.
  2. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    Oh, and you can bet it will have Denuvo, as well as a layer of another proprietary DRM they come up with. With Steam DRM on top of that.

3. leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99 GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 2, 2013
    United States
    Seinegald
    this brings a tear to my eye, so looking forward to DQXI, this will blow away all the other jrpgs period.

4. GameSystem

GameSystem GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    Congratulations Square Enix. Dragon Quest XI will be the first PC game I will have pirated in the last 5 years.

Subtle Demise likes this.
  5. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend Zzzz

pip Member
    GBAtemp Patron
    HaloEliteLegend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    They said that the Switch version would not be releasing this year, and that it could potentially come "much later." So no definite word on when that's gonna be a thing, but it'll probably be well into 2019.

That said, I'm excited as all heck to finally play this game! Not having a PS4, I'm glad it's coming to PC, too. Definite buy for me, I'm dying for more Dragon Quest. I was gonna hold out for the Switch version, but PC will do just fine. Sucks for those that wanted the 3DS version (and the top-screen 3D/bottom-screen 2D was pretty cool), but the 3DS is kinda End-of-Life now and Dragon Quest games aren't big here, so maybe it made business sense in Square's eyes? Although, then I'd point to Dragon Quest IX as a Dragon Quest game that did pretty well here and was a DS-only release. At any rate, you can probably bet your ass that there'll be a translation project started sometime soon.

6. V0ltr0n

V0ltr0n GBAtemp Fan

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    They dropped the 3ds version. Dammmmmit to hell!!!!! Hopefully the translation can be transferred from the ps4 version. Not hating on ps4 or pc players, but for ppl with little time, handheld is much more convenient.

chirogan likes this.
  7. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend Zzzz

pip Member
    GBAtemp Patron
    HaloEliteLegend is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    There's always the Switch version if you want a little portability, but who knows when that's coming.

8. DeadlyAnGeL91792

DeadlyAnGeL91792 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 9, 2010
    United States
    The Usa
    YESSS a Steam version! i'm hyped :D

9. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    fuck pc players, 3ds>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

10. Bonestorm

Bonestorm Banned

Banned
    Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    This is going to be my first 1st day purchase in a long time.

11. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    While the 2D screen they mentioned when the game was first revealed seemed interesting, I'm not gonna cry over not getting it when it's coming out on my preferred "console" instead. They probably axed the 3DS version because of how easy it is to get CFW on 3DS now. It was easy back then but way easier now.

12. soprano1

soprano1 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2016
    Portugal
    And it's not easy to pirate on PC? They just gave up on a dead console.

13. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    With the right Denuvo you can delay pirates for a few weeks (months in the past but things have been quicker lately). Plenty of time for those on the sidelines to go "I'm done waiting, I'll buy it." I mean, I wouldn't, but other pirates would. Waiting for Far Cry 5 as we speak...

But the 3DS isn't a dead console. The DS is a dead console. Over 60M 3DS have been sold, compared to Vita's ~15M. Until the 4DS is announced (and no, the Switch isn't the 4DS) the 3DS will be a great console to make games for. Maybe by the time the game comes out the PS4 will be more widely hacked with 5.XX HEN, but as it currently stands the PS4 and PC (at least for a little while, but it's those first weeks that count) are the more secure choices.

14. tommikinder

tommikinder GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2014
    Let's hope the wonderful translators here at GBAtemp will work on an English 3DS version for us! :yay3ds:

chirogan likes this.
  15. Steena

Steena GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 13, 2009
    Italy
    indeed, this 8 years old 240p console lacking a second analog is the greatest thing in 2018, no contest. it even has a wonderful 3d functionality, what more can you ask.

16. sephurchin

sephurchin GBAtemp Fan

Sep 28, 2015
    United States
    World V
    Glad to see a pc port, but really no 3ds? Come on square that just as stupid as labrynth of refrain not getting a vita english release. . . . . .

17. RedoLane

RedoLane GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 16, 2016
    Israel
    Oh boy, finally going westwa-
    >PC

NANIIIIIIII!?!?!??!

18. ertaboy356b

ertaboy356b GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2010
    No 3ds no buy. Hello FitGirl haha

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I remember purchasing DQVII and DQVIII day one. Is that not enough Square? I even have IV, V, and IX fuck this!

19. Bonestorm

Bonestorm Banned

Banned
    Jan 15, 2017
    Canada
    Midgar, Sector 5
    You were looking for any reason and you found one, why do they even waste time bring this stuff to PC.

20. Naster

Naster GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2015
    Serbia, Republic of
    Square Enix always find a way to crap in itself's pants. PC-port instead of 3DS? Idiots.

DarthDub likes this.