Dragon Quest XI for Switch revealed as Dragon Quest XI S

IMG_1641.JPG

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age is already out for PlayStation 4 and PC in the west, but Tokyo Game Show 2018 has unveiled new info on the delayed Switch version of the game. The official title of it will be Dragon Quest XI S, which Square Enix claims that the "S" stands for "Switch", or "Special", or "Seiyuu", the latter being the Japanese word for voice acting. We still have no release date for the game, but we now have confirmation that development is still active, and that the game will feature full voice acting in Japan.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tedious as in high quality, entertaining, long playtime and thus high value for money? Or tedious as in you probably have to grind for a few hours at some point unless you are cheating? Then, in both cases, yes.
Well I wasn't talking about the first part of what you said. What part of that is related to being tedious? Of course I meant as you put it "Grind for a few hours at some point" Or it could be some very specific plot related things have you do something that seems very unnecessarily prolonged to do or changes up how normal progression has already been established.

I was just curious, most of the time I known this game for having some very hard spikes in difficulty depending on the game or the situation for the player, and if it's just me personally, I can never for the life of me memorize the name of the spells for the proper elemental weaknesses. Was Fire, water, thunder too commonly used already that we needed Kafizzle or Crackle or Sploosh or whatever those names are? :blink:

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So... it'll be altered in some way or what?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How is 1.4 million on ps4 plus 1.8 million on 3ds a failure? Japan isn't THAT big.
1.8? wow, that port was worth the effort, it seems.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So... it'll be altered in some way or what?
guaranteed it's the switch afterall.

I can never for the life of me memorize the name of the spells for the proper elemental weaknesses. Was Fire, water, thunder too commonly used already that we needed Kafizzle or Crackle or Sploosh or whatever those names are? :blink:
all spells have detailed descriptions this time they tell you exactly what they do and which elemental damage. and yes you will need to grind A LOT however there are a few spots where you can power level using metal monsters that give crazy amounts of exp when killed.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
guaranteed it's the switch afterall.

all spells have detailed descriptions this time they tell you exactly what they do and which elemental damage. and yes you will need to grind A LOT however there are a few spots where you can power level using metal monsters that give crazy amounts of exp when killed.
beside shit ugly visuals, I mean.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I wasn't talking about the first part of what you said. What part of that is related to being tedious? Of course I meant as you put it "Grind for a few hours at some point" Or it could be some very specific plot related things have you do something that seems very unnecessarily prolonged to do or changes up how normal progression has already been established.

I was just curious, most of the time I known this game for having some very hard spikes in difficulty depending on the game or the situation for the player, and if it's just me personally, I can never for the life of me memorize the name of the spells for the proper elemental weaknesses. Was Fire, water, thunder too commonly used already that we needed Kafizzle or Crackle or Sploosh or whatever those names are? :blink:

No, no. No unneccessary prolonged plot points. But grinding to actually be able to beat it, (especially for post game), yeah. Like in basically any JRPG.
Could probably speed that up significantly by just hacking some XP and leveling up. I played in on PC with exp. multiplicator active, so to save all the time for grinding. I know, I know, it's cheating and I'm taking soooo much fun away, but I'd rather finish the game in 40 hours than in 60 from which 20 are just plain stupid grinding.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I played in on PC with exp. multiplicator active, so to save all the time for grinding. I know, I know, it's cheating and I'm taking soooo much fun away, but I'd rather finish the game in 40 hours than in 60 from which 20 are just plain stupid grinding.
this was without cheating! :lol:
oKxIW3I.jpg

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh great, now we know why it's delayed, seems like they added the perfect letter to the switch version, if you know what i mean.

gameboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is 1.4 million on ps4 plus 1.8 million on 3ds a failure? Japan isn't THAT big.
how the fuck is the PS4 not a big seller in japan? they have like a 60% marketshare over there.
LOL are you nuts?

the ps4 in japan has only sold about 8million units in japan which is not a lot (10% of worldwide sales). And Dragon Quest ''supposedly'' being a phenomenon that it has to be sold on saturday so people go to work seems greatly exaggerated. So when you compare the 1.4m+1.8m it looks like a bust.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the ps4 in japan has only sold about 8million units in japan which is not a lot (10% of worldwide sales). And Dragon Quest ''supposedly'' being a phenomenon that it has to be sold on saturday so people go to work seems greatly exaggerated. So when you compare the 1.4m+1.8m it looks like a bust.
I looked up a few of the past entries, and it seems like they usually sell somewhere around 4M in Japan, so a 3.2M total isn't too far off. It's harder to estimate total sales nowadays too due to digital sales data not being released, plus the Switch version is probably going to sell a fuckload in Japan as well. I'd definitely not call it a flop.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
how? not every single person gets a copy on the first day and not every single person has to get a copy for it to not be a failure.

Reactions: Subtle Demise
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even know if I wanna buy this game. Is it least less tedious than previous Dragon Quest games? :blink:
It's a great game and the PC version runs on a potato.

why wouldnt be? this was a 3DS exclusive for a while, then they ported it and removed features.
If you play the PC version, you have to wonder how they got it running on 3DS at all.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all spells have detailed descriptions this time they tell you exactly what they do and which elemental damage.
Well that's helpful. :)

and yes you will need to grind A LOT however there are a few spots where you can power level using metal monsters that give crazy amounts of exp when killed.
I know metal slimes exist, but no it's not fun fighting them cause they are the most difficult to actually defeat to earn those exp and take up lots of your time if you don't beat them. :blink:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I torrented the PC version when it got cracked, quite enjoy it so far. Probably the next game I'm going to buy once I get some extra cash. Quite a beautiful game, I like the art style of Akira Toriyama and DQXI's world just appeals to me well.

But I won't bother getting the Switch version, I'm sure the "S" here will mean "Stripped down" and it'll just be a lower quality port.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...