Dragon Quest XI for Switch revealed as Dragon Quest XI S

IMG_1641.JPG

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age is already out for PlayStation 4 and PC in the west, but Tokyo Game Show 2018 has unveiled new info on the delayed Switch version of the game. The official title of it will be Dragon Quest XI S, which Square Enix claims that the "S" stands for "Switch", or "Special", or "Seiyuu", the latter being the Japanese word for voice acting. We still have no release date for the game, but we now have confirmation that development is still active, and that the game will feature full voice acting in Japan.

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just beat the game on the PS4 myself.

If the Switch version still uses the Unreal 4 engine for visuals and has more stuff, that'd be dope.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I know metal slimes exist, but no it's not fun fighting them cause they are the most difficult to actually defeat to earn those exp and take up lots of your time if you don't beat them.
there are special abilities and equips you can get just for fighting them you can also cast sleep on them to stop them from running.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I torrented the PC version when it got cracked, quite enjoy it so far. Probably the next game I'm going to buy once I get some extra cash. Quite a beautiful game, I like the art style of Akira Toriyama and DQXI's world just appeals to me well.

But I won't bother getting the Switch version, I'm sure the "S" here will mean "Stripped down" and it'll just be a lower quality port.
guaranteed it will just be a shitty 3ds port with tablet play added.

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Praying for Japanese dub*
The PC english dub is... :shit:
they have confirmed they will never dub the japanese

Is it true the Switch version will have substantial additions? Like more playable characters?
that is unknown if anything it might have the exclsuive content from the 3ds version

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
they have confirmed they will never dub the japanese

that is unknown if anything it might have the exclsuive content from the 3ds version
Not going to buy it then, my fitgirl version is enough.

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad I didn't wait for (yet another) switch port, even with it being essentially free with rom loading. Voice acting? we already get that in the western version and with none of that screechy wailing young japanese voice actresses use.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

s0nicfreak

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.craftotaku.com
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality