Gaming Dragon Quest V Problem *DQ5 spoilers*

abrack08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I posted this on the DSTT board and no one responded, so I'm posting here now.

Okay so I've been playing DQV on my DSTT, and I'm 16 hours into the game, into the third generation, when the Hero is told by Prince Albert (hahahahahaha) to go visit the city where the Hero's Mother was born. I make my way to the city and talk to the people and find out all I need to know and do all I need to do there, then I went to the Church to save before I left. I saved the game, but the game froze at the part where it asks if you are going to continue playing. I turned the game off, turned it back on, and it starts randomly with me appearing in the castle talking to Prince Albert again. I figured, oh, it must not have saved, but I check and my party has all the levels they gained on my way to the place where the Mother was born. Also, I have Sancho in my party, this takes place before Sancho can BE in your party (there's a sprite of him running around in my party and another of him standing around being a normal NPC). I figured things where a bit fucked up but I could just continue, but when I leave to the room to the south, the game freaks out, my party appears outside the castle walking to the front door, then randomly freezes. If I restart and go north up the stairs, to the room where my Wife gave birth, the screen goes black, my party starts flying around the black screens, then the background appears again and I appear over in the corner of the room talking to a woman, and the game freezes. If I use those flying shoes that take you to the Church place just north of the castle (where they make the ink) then it seems as if the game will work fine, but when I try to save it, it again freezes at the screen asking if I would like to continue playing. I shut the game off out of frustration, then tried several other games on my DSTT and they all worked fine. I know my card is real and I've had it and used it with the version with the fake killer code for over a month and it's been fine.

Any suggestions?

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are you using cheats?

If so have you tried disabling them and re-saving. Did you overwrite the original save slot where the problem first occured?

In the interest of speedy resolution I would suggest posting your SAV file somewhere for others to download and try to resolve your issue. Either via their own card or through an emulator. Good or bad you'll have your answer to if you can recover the game in progress.

As to why it happened its been my experience that save bugs are related to the piracy bypass check. I have had similar freak outs by the game on my R4 (Ysmenu) loading a save after I updated the cheat database but mixed up the enabled cheats, including the bypass check.

abrack08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only cheat I had on was the piracy bypass, though this DID happen the same night I updated with the new Cheats posted in the cheats download section here. The computer I'm on now doesn't have an SD Card reader slot thing, but I'll try to post the save as soon as I can. Maybe later tonight or tomorrow.

EDIT: Ooooooooooooh I may have figured it out... when I updated the cheats, it unchecked the piracy bypass. Meaning once I updated I played WITH the piracy checker, I'll enable it again and see if it gets any better. If I have problems still I'll upload the save.

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You've reallly @#$%ed that up
smile.gif

I managed to get rid of the sancho double, the character level goes from 1 to 27 again and I can walk around the castle and save just fine. I can exit, fight and visit other areas by foot. Returning to GOTHA however always triggers the arrival with sancho after being a statue cinematic, which causes the game to stall.

Worse though, some of your abilities have been disabled, you cannot zoom with your hero, his list has been disabled and will not update no matter which towns you visit.

Take the 5 levels on the chin and pick your bride again, maybe choose differently this time
biggrin.gif
(I'm not a big fan of Bianca's gen 3 dialogue). Be careful in future whenever you update your cheat database.

Sorry I couldn't help.

abrack08

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright... thanks for trying to help at least!

No way I'm choosing a different bride though! Bianca all the way. Childhood friend vs. rich girl who you don't love and crazy sister. Obvious choice!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the...