Gaming Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart translated.

Ruri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get the patch here.

Dragon Quest Monsters: Caravan Heart is a GBA game in the Dragon Quest Monsters series, obviously, but you might want to try it even if you don't usually like those -- it's much, much less pokemonish and more Dragon Quest-ish, with much more focus on characters and human party members... and on running a caravan. You collect human party members who hide in the wagons, taking turns to use support abilities for your "Guard Monsters" outside in fights... you also don't capture or recruit monsters; instead, you sometimes get hearts from defeated monsters that you merge to change your guard monster's types. Most human party members also have an ability that helps you outside of combat, eg mapmakers let you see maps of dungeons and the area around you, merchants detect nearby treasure, hunters let you avoid traps by monsters and can search for food, etc.

This game is a prequel to DQ7, and you play as the prince from that game.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What was wrong with the larger thread already on this title, apparently you were not aware this board does indeed have a SEARCH function.

That being said, I like Caravan Heart, especially now that I can understand what the heck is going on. I do have myself in a pickle in regards to rations and my most recent save, however, so if anyone knows a code or IPS patch or something that would me fully loaded in regards to only the rations, I'd be great. I'd really hate to start over.

Sendoh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Rations are a big problem at first. However, once you get the merchants (somewhere in Chapter 2), it will become practically nonexistent. The first merchant would be Kachua, found somewhere in the town west of the Illusion's castle (yeah, you have to cross a desert). The second one would be found in the town where you find Venasu, but you probably have to do something such that he would join you. I merely visited the town after I got my first merchant and he joined me. Trust me, you don't need cheats. Getting the merchants will make it much easier.

JPH

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
keyaxer said:
Rations are a big problem at first. However, once you get the merchants (somewhere in Chapter 2), it will become practically nonexistent. The first merchant would be Kachua, found somewhere in the town west of the Illusion's castle (yeah, you have to cross a desert). The second one would be found in the town where you find Venasu, but you probably have to do something such that he would join you. I merely visited the town after I got my first merchant and he joined me. Trust me, you don't need cheats. Getting the merchants will make it much easier.

Thanks, man.
I've been stuck in the game, currently.
I've had to walk some, then camp and restore health, as I'm out of rations and gold (and it is a huge pain in the butt).

Thanks for letting me know.
Excluding the rations gimmick, this game is a gem
grog.gif

Ruri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, if you die, you lose half your gold (per the usual Dragon Quest way) but your rations are refilled. So you can just do that if you're really in a pinch. Even better, deposit all your gold in the bank first so it doesn't cost you anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.