ROM Hack Dragon Quest IX Sentinels of the Starry Skies freeze at...

ZeroPaladn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
(a) i am unable to locate the Xenom patched file using Google. tired of wadding through all the garbage the share sites use. Anyone willing to pass over a link to a site that DOES have it (and is straightforward to navigate), pass it over.

(b) using the patch provided on the first page still leaves me with a dual white screen (and an odd .SRV file created on my card?). Using AK2i w/ AKAIO 1.7. Unpatched game freezes on the character creation screen on no$GBA, so im assuming the file is legit.

EDIT:

Redownloaded a fresh ROM image, fresh image freezes where it's supposed to on the emulator, still white screens on the AK2i. Patched it, STILL white screen on the AK2i. Someone hates me, or at least they don't want me to play this game.

gameguy95

Needs More Furries!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ZeroPaladn said:
(a) i am unable to locate the Xenom patched file using Google. tired of wadding through all the garbage the share sites use. Anyone willing to pass over a link to a site that DOES have it (and is straightforward to navigate), pass it over.

(b) using the patch provided on the first page still leaves me with a dual white screen (and an odd .SRV file created on my card?). Using AK2i w/ AKAIO 1.7. Unpatched game freezes on the character creation screen on no$GBA, so im assuming the file is legit.

EDIT:

Redownloaded a fresh ROM image, fresh image freezes where it's supposed to on the emulator, still white screens on the AK2i. Patched it, STILL white screen on the AK2i. Someone hates me, or at least they don't want me to play this game.
Requesting ROMs is against the rules!!!

diondetijger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded the patch from Xenom, it worked perfectly, but I entered a dungeon and it worked okay. The boss was to strong so I left and later in the game tryed again. But this time, it doesn't work. Now It freezes when I go in.

Des_Kaje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Strange... looks like Square has been a little more serious than with DQ V. I just ordered an Acekard 2i form Shoptemp so I'll test it with (the newest) AKAIO when it arrives. I really want to play this game without any errors and freezes, hope that's possible.

What?

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Des_Kaje said:
Strange... looks like Square has been a little more serious than with DQ V. I just ordered an Acekard 2i form Shoptemp so I'll test it with (the newest) AKAIO when it arrives. I really want to play this game without any errors and freezes, hope that's possible.

Well I am like 20 hours in using an Acekard 2i with latest AKAIO and haven't experienced a single problem so far.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ive got an important question, whats the size of this games .sav file?

If anyone could check on it, that would be really nice, thank you ^^

Des_Kaje

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What? said:
Des_Kaje said:

Well I am like 20 hours in using an Acekard 2i with latest AKAIO and haven't experienced a single problem so far.

Seriously? That's good news, I thought there were problems with this rom using Acekard (but I guess I'm wrong then). I'll give it a try in a few days.

seabear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
llagreatone said:
Was anyone able to get passed the Dark Knight. I am using Arckard 2.1 AKAIO v1.7.1 Clean rom with patch. But besides that the game has been working great. Anyone have any idea?
Same problem. It works fine till right after the Knight jumps down the hill then it just goes black.

arus2001

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using Acekard 2i, assuming things are up to date since I poked around some links, but I have encountered some freezes. First involved finishing the quest for your first Treasure Map near Zere Rocks. Next seem to involve simply entering a Treasure Map area. Was actually able to enter one once, but since then I keep black screening.

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clydefrosch said:
Ive got an important question, whats the size of this games .sav file?

If anyone could check on it, that would be really nice, thank you ^^
The .sav file is 512 kb.
happy.gif

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
thewebnexus said:
Am I right in thinking that all DS save files are that size, or is it just that all the ones I have happen to be so?
It's a pretty common size, but not all DS games have saves of that size.

IsLNdbOi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found a torrent that has both a cracked version by Bahamut and what looks to be a clean version as well.

I hope it works.

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seahorsepip said:
^the patched one with intro of blue balls

Posts merged

or was it something with green leaves
unsure.gif

whatever it's patched when it got a stupid intro XD

THE INTRO IZ AWESOME THO >.<
The lil (well lil enlarged) slime bouncing with random music.

anyways...instead of waiting for ap patches, get a REAL flashcart LOL... or waiting works...

Melly Pix

Gbatemp's Lady Vulpix
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm using m3 sakura 1.48 and the xenom patched with intro
never had issues through the whole game

i thought i'd give it a try with cheats, after loaded, the game would freeze to a white screen and i've been unable to load it since with or without cheats :S
any ideas to fix this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.