Gaming Dragon Quest 8 "DLC" Items

bahamut920

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking to play through DQ8 for 3DS, and I read about the "DLC" that Squenix offered back when you first bought the game. Unfortunately, I missed out on all but the Candy Cane weapon. Since I already beat the game on PS2, I'd like some of the high-powered weapons offered to allow me to breeze through the early game and get right into the new content. Is there any way (cheats, save editor, etc) that I could gain access to the items I missed on my file (AFAIK, they're all in the game and the "DLC" was an unlock code basically)? I did some cursory Googling and found a save file with all the DLC items, but that wouldn't truly be my save, so I'd like to avoid that if possible.

If the easiest method is through cheats, I'll have to admit I'm not familiar with how to work cheats on 3DS; I know that modern Luma builds have cheat functionality in the menu, but I don't really know how it works. There doesn't seem to be an option to enter cheats, just to enable or disable them. If someone could point me at a resource explaining wat do, I'd be grateful.

bahamut920

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you mind pointing me to whatever resource (tutorial, guide, even a forum post on the subject would be helpful) you used? "I did it" isn't very helpful.

Reactions: Mikemk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...