Request - New Dragon Quest VIII save file with the DLC items

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Daniel_Lessi, May 24, 2018.

1. Daniel_Lessi
    OP

Daniel_Lessi Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 2, 2013
    Brazil
    If anyone has a new save with only the DLC items and the main character with the default name or can point me to a NTR that has a option like that, so that I could create the file myself.

I don't want to make a TL;DR post, but I am reading pages for a couple of days now, and I am trying to either create a new save file with the DLC items or find one for download.
    I can't seem to create a NTR of my own, or find one with these features.

Thanks in advance!

*PS - Sorry if posting in the wrong place

2. twhprox

twhprox Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2010
    Brazil
    DQ8 DLC NTR Codes
    Use this code at the beginning of the game because it will overwrite the first 29 items after the first in the bag (map).
    And there is also a savegame in the second slot for injection with the code applied. It was saved at the first opportunity. If you wanna see the first cutscene create a new file and play until you can save, and then switch saves.

Attached Files:

Last edited by twhprox, Sep 16, 2018
    Siggles likes this.
  3. Siggles

Siggles Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2018
    United States
    Is there a guide on how to use this NTR code, or the .bin file you attached? I'm running CFW, but I'm brand new to all of this, so not sure how to take further steps like this. Thanks!

4. twhprox

twhprox Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2010
    Brazil
  5. Siggles

Siggles Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2018
    United States
    I have Checkpoint, and it loaded the save file no problem via that app. But when I boot up DQ8 it alerts me there's no save file and creates a new one (with two blank save slots).

Did you use a region free version of DQ8, or do you think it's a different problem?

6. jordandesky

jordandesky Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2016
    United States
    You need to run DQ8 to create a save file first, then Checkpoint can detect it (by pressing AND holding B). Afterwards, you can load the save and then delete the EXT information, so that DQ8 can play your save.

Your save file is missing two DLC items! There is a regular "double bouble" item, but more importantly, it is missing the Gryphon Claw weapon. Can you please assist?

7. twhprox

twhprox Member

Newcomer
    Nov 4, 2010
    Brazil
    Double Bubble:
    08536A58 00010131
    Gryphon Talon:
    08536A54 0001017C

Attached Files:

Last edited by twhprox, Sep 16, 2018
  8. Estark

Estark Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2018
    France
    Hi, this DLC items file can function on a EUROPEAN game of DQ8 3ds ?