Dragon Quest 5 Savefile is messed.... HElp please!

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Ou3nDaN, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Ou3nDaN
    OP

Ou3nDaN Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2010
    United States
    HEy, im 8hrs into DQ5, and i got to the part where you have to get the mirror from the tower. I got the mirror and saved the game at coburg castle. When i come to load the game im in a random place and its as if none of the story events have taken place [​IMG]. This is really annoying ! please help [​IMG]

Is there any way i can edit my sav file? or are there any chears/codes which can help me get back to where i am?

Here is my save file: http://uploading.com/files/f73dc3c7/3426%2...%2529_trim.sav/

2. Ou3nDaN
    OP

Ou3nDaN Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2010
    United States
    oh i forgot to mention i did put a couple of AR cheats on after i found out it was glitched up.

3. injected11

injected11 Crescent Fresh™

Jul 17, 2009
    United States
    Did you turn off the AP bypass code?

4. Ou3nDaN
    OP

Ou3nDaN Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2010
    United States
    i think so. It's got nothing to do with not being able to get of the initial ship, its a really random glitch and ive googled it but no results [​IMG]

5. injected11

Jul 17, 2009
    United States
    The AP bypass code needs to stay on or it glitches up later in the game as well.

6. Ou3nDaN
    OP

Ou3nDaN Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2010
    United States
    [​IMG] it wasnt up intitially i just put it on when i found out my game was messed. Is it too late to reverse the issues ?

7. injected11

Jul 17, 2009
    United States
    If turning the code back on then loading the save file doesn't work, then odds are it's permanently borked.

8. Ou3nDaN
    OP

Ou3nDaN Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2010
    United States
    thats annoying... its such a good game aswell. Oh well i guess i should try and start getting back to where i was!

Thanks for the help