ROM Hack Dragon Queest VI US AP

Rockym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought the game yesterday and dumped it. Tried playing it and once you get through the introduction scene, instead of starting the game, the scene just starts over again at the campfire. I tried on CycloDS and CycloDSi. Guess I'll play my retail cart until a firmware update or patch comes out.

Rockym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doesn't work on no$GBA either, same thing happens. As for other carts, I only have my Cyclos, no others.

trev1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rockym said:
Doesn't work on no$GBA either, same thing happens. As for other carts, I only have my Cyclos, no others.

did you use a slot 2 or wifi to dump?

also what kind of sd card do you have (make and speed)?..

Rockym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trev1 said:
Rockym said:

did you use a slot 2 or wifi to dump?

also what kind of sd card do you have (make and speed)?..

I use NDS Backup Tool Slot 2 (not the 3-in-1). It always worked fine for previous games I've dumped. Both my CycloDS and CycloDSi use a SanDisk 8gb class 4 card. Never had problems with any other games running of the SD Card in the past.

Rockym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I loaded up my retail cart and played past the intro and saved once the game started. I dumped the sav and put it on my flashcart and the game is working fine so far. Though I'm not very far in.

impizkit

Lazy Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Rockym said:
Well, I loaded up my retail cart and played past the intro and saved once the game started. I dumped the sav and put it on my flashcart and the game is working fine so far. Though I'm not very far in.
That sounds promising...

Rockym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, more AP found. I got to the town with the bazaar where you are supposed to sell the stuff ....and its completely empty. Not one person there, even the church is empty. Back to the retail cart lol.

moodswinger

Trophies
XP
Country
Rockym said:
Ok, more AP found. I got to the town with the bazaar where you are supposed to sell the stuff ....and its completely empty. Not one person there, even the church is empty. Back to the retail cart lol.

That's pretty clever, SE. I've never heard of AP like this.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rockym said:

Maybe they're all just shy and hiding for the moment... XD

Rockym

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
moodswinger said:
Rockym said:

Nintendo is the publisher of the US version. Wouldn't this mean they implemented the AP?

moodswinger

Trophies
XP
Country
Rockym said:
moodswinger said:
Rockym said:

Nintendo is the publisher of the US version. Wouldn't this mean they implemented the AP?

I don't think Nintendo is involved in the coding of the game and stuff, I might be wrong though.
unsure.gif

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Rockym said:

Ooohhh sounds like a nice ghost story? Maybe your game is haunted? (Haunted Majora's Cartridge reference
tongue.gif
)

But maybe they are working out. I thought they didn't released the game because of Valentine's Day ("Go out to your dates, we will play Dragon Quest VI" )

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
moodswinger said:
Rockym said:

Dragon Quest V had the never-ending boat thing. At the beginning of the game the boat you were travelling on would never, ever reach it's destination preventing you from progressing any further.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel