Gaming DQIX Gameplay Discussion

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Puppy_Washer said:
I really dislike the whole Alchemy thing in this game. [...] Remembering ALL the spawn points for the alchemy items is impossible.

http://www.ualberta.ca/~fqureshi/materialsenglish.jpg

Has this been posted yet?

I didn't post it in image tags to avoid unnecessary downloads.

Its a translation of a visual map indicating all alchemy item spawn points.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
It's a fighter skill, the one that allows the user to take the damage for another characters (he acts as a shield)

tenkai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yea its the warriors skill that protects allies i find it useful if your mage is dieing. Does anyone know where to find a metal king slime in the game?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Metal King Slimes can be found at the Tower of Nod (extremely rare) post-game and in Grottos (the random maps). There is a fairly famous Japanese map that is being traded around that has a floor with just Metal King Slimes.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LufianGuy said:
Game is a lot of fun, but more fun IMO when you cheat instead of grinding.

This is one of the few games where I would have to disagree with that sentiment. I waited too long with too much anticipation. I'm actually savoring every minute of the grind. It's a lot more rewarding for me to spend 100 skill points after spending an hour farming LMS.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
LufianGuy said:
Game is a lot of fun, but more fun IMO when you cheat instead of grinding.

This is one of the few games where I would have to disagree with that sentiment. I waited too long with too much anticipation. I'm actually savoring every minute of the grind. It's a lot more rewarding for me to spend 100 skill points after spending an hour farming LMS.
This is extremely true.
biggrin.gif
I find if I start to cheat in games, I begin to cheat in other games. Cheating is bad, and unles your stuck or something, you should never cheat!! Just my gleeban groat.

h0ser81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JackDeeEss said:
So, I've got this Boat now.
I get in, I can't get out again.
What do?

It's kind of a pain. You need to hold the d-pad for a couple of seconds in the direction you want to disembark before it will let you off the boat.
So if the land is on your right just keep hold right, running into the land, until it finally kicks you off the boat.

tenkai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the grotto locations are hard to locate. is there any other way to locate the area the grotto is in?( i know they show you a piece of the map and an X mark but it could be anywhere.....)
unsure.gif

h0ser81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tenkai said:
the grotto locations are hard to locate. is there any other way to locate the area the grotto is in?( i know they show you a piece of the map and an X mark but it could be anywhere.....)
unsure.gif

Unfortunately either you just have to know where it's located or wander around aimlessly until you find it. The Brady Strategy guide comes in really handy for this. If you have the extra 20 bucks laying around I highly recommend getting it. 400+ pages of DQIX goodness. Locations for the maps, alchemy tables, and entire illustrated weapon, armor, and item guide. You can't beat it.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
h0ser81 said:
tenkai said:
unsure.gif

Unfortunately either you just have to know where it's located or wander around aimlessly until you find it. The Brady Strategy guide comes in really handy for this. If you have the extra 20 bucks laying around I highly recommend getting it. 400+ pages of DQIX goodness. Locations for the maps, alchemy tables, and entire illustrated weapon, armor, and item guide. You can't beat it.

I try not to us guides etc unless I'm stuck, although that did mean I didn't get the ability to achemise stuff until I was about 7 towns further on. All those wasted bookshelves, sigh.

yzak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
h0ser81 said:
tenkai said:
unsure.gif

yeah i just got mine and it is awesome. the maps tell you the location of every alchemy ingredient, treasure, etc. 400 colored pages of goodness.

On a side note:

I love killin the metal slimes

yzak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BlueStar said:
h0ser81 said:
tenkai said:
unsure.gif

I try not to us guides etc unless I'm stuck, although that did mean I didn't get the ability to achemise stuff until I was about 7 towns further on. All those wasted bookshelves, sigh.

you actually do not need those books. the recipes can all be found online so your not missing out.

liquidnumb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tenkai said:
unsure.gif

I didn't see these get posted here yet, so here they are if you want em. Both links have the same information but are organized slightly differently.

Grotto Maps:

http://dq9.gkwiki.com/236.html
http://dq9.ffsky.cn/maplocation.htm

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    what are you guys talking about
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    or is Hunter Fox just copying Chuck Tingle?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That pussy is two faced af
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    https://www.amazon.com/Tentacles-Made-Gay-Hunter-Fox-ebook/dp/B00M0VCUPK let's be real, who isn't at least a little gay for tentacles though?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Maybe a ghost writer?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Oh my God the graphics are so realistic looking." Lol of course it was the shiznit back then tho.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never stood in line overnight or for hours, to buy anything. I can just wait and buy it later.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I have never done that either.
    closest ive done is getting to target a couple hours early in the moring to get some amiibos.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone...