DPad + L button

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by timehawk, May 3, 2009.

May 3, 2009

DPad + L button by timehawk at 11:32 PM (756 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. timehawk
    OP

Newcomer timehawk Member

United States
    So 2 days ago, my DS lite's D-pad stopped responding properly. The Up and Left directions don't get registered unless I hold it really hard for a while. The down and right buttons work fine though. Then there is the age old problem of the L button not working properly...

My questions are:
    1) If the up and left button still read although with great difficulty, then the problem is not with my motherboard right? If the motherboard is fine, then it should be possible to fix the problem by opening up the ds and seeing if something is lodged in the D-Pad?
    2) To fix the D-Pad and L button is soldering required? Or is it just simple stuff like unscrewing the case and lifting things out/replacing it?

Thanks for the help.

2. vietknightx

Newcomer vietknightx Advanced Member

United States
    well my l button often gets dust in it so i just blow for 10 sec in it try that. I dont know about the d-pad sry

3. timehawk
    OP

Newcomer timehawk Member

United States
    Yeah, my L button works if I blow on it for a while, but I guess the bigger problem is the dpad. Can anyone answer my other questions?

4. Brian117

Member Brian117 GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    1. No it's not caused by the motherboard. Unless the motherboard has a faulty connection to reading the actions. But yes, it is possible to see if anything is lodged in the D-PAD.

2. Not at all. I've been experienced with opening up DS's. Phat, and Lite. I know the insides like I know my phone number. It's just a simple unscrewing the case and lifting things out.

If you ever want...you can send it to me and I can fix the problems. I got some extra L buttons along with some D-PAD contacts I can swap for ya.

5. sprogurt

Member sprogurt GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    When my r button stopped working ages ago i just used a tiny bit of light switch cleaner and it worked a treat! now my b button, l button and r button are litterially dead cuz of mkds and mph >.