Downloading thumbnails on Vita Launcher makes the system crash

TofuJam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so, as the title says, I'm having issues with the GPU crashing (the black crash menu with the ***'s), related to me downloading thumbnails for my retro roms in Vita Launcher.

The thumbnails seem to download fine, but the entire console suffers a GPU crash when I go into those menus after the thumbnails have been downloaded. They'll load, and I'll be able to see them for a few seconds, but it inevitably crashes every time. I'm assuming it has something to do with an incompatible plugin, but I'm not sure where to start with that.

I have a Ps Vita 2000 with a 512gb SD2Vita setup.

I have full sets for all my roms, so I'm also wondering if my sheer number of roms has anything to do with it.

So far, I've experienced the issue with SNES, GBA, and GBX.

The menus and everything work completely fine until I add the thumbnails.

If there's any additional info i could provide for any assistance, I'd be more than willing to do whatever i can. Any help would be appreciated! :)

TofuJam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it out, actually!

I'm not sure why, but storing the icons in a separate location than the roms solved everything.

That's honestly how I wouldve wanted it set up anyway. using the same location was just the default setting

Reactions: such and godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1