Gaming downloading rar part files corruption issue

EnigmaBlade

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This happens ALOT. Whenever i use Jdownloader to download rar part files of an iso, when i try and extract them, it usually says they are corrupt? why would this keep happening?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The files themselves or the end result?

If the files themselves are corrupt then get a better source and if they are proper scene files or some other known files then you might be able to find par2 files to fix them. I do not know if there are any issues with the sorts of sites jdownloader works with and Australian ISPs but consider it.
If the thing it tries to extract says corrupt then that is OK as you probably do not have enough of the files (for your average iso download you will need the lot).

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Sometimes files get corrupted when downloaded. If so, just try again.
Sometimes the files are already corrupted when uploaded. If so, find another source.
JDownloader supports file resuming, data integrity checking and md5 checking when the file is available. These all help increase the chances for a successful download. Of course, this also depends on the file hosting site. I find Megaupload the best by far.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
maybe you simply got a terrible connection? a few years back, when i was using a bad usb modem on a bad usb slot, i kept getting this problem too.

now, i only get it on bad servers.. like, when im trying to download pserver stuff for ragnarok from some godforsaken server with randomly 2 kb/s dropdowns.

you really only can try again and again. after some trying, using "Free Download Manager" http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/ gave me the best results, since it checks and redownloads single bytes and stuff or something.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
In such case you need to repair corrupted rar file thanks to Repair RAR application reconstructs multi-part rar archives
Welcome to GBAtemp. Thank you for signing up just to give us this piece of advice.

Unfortunately this thread is over half a year old, so it's a safe bet that he's managed to fix his problem. Also RAR fixing programs work on a predictive algorithm that rarely keeps affected files intact (especially if they're compressed or encoded inside the RAR). The best solution is simply to just redownload, and if that doesn't work then find a different source to download from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1