ROM Hack Downloading Game Updates as CIA?

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Guys, I just want to know how to download game updates and pack it as .cia. I tried 3DNUS but i can't figure out since it requires the version number. Just to clarify it a little more, for example, the Yo-kai Watch has a v1.1 update, I want to know how can I download that update as .cia. I just want to pack it myself since I have a region changed JPN N3ds and I want to do the .cia packing by myself(If I can do it).

Thanks in advance

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Incremental app updates are signed for your console so you can't do that with 3dnus!

If you ever downloaded the update from the eshop, you have a license for it, so you can use FunkyCIA...
...but you're already on 10.7, so why not just download them from the console!

(All of the above is for update packs, to be used with physical games and more or less official cia versions of them. It won't work with non-original digital games, as they're updated by redownloading. But Yaoi Watch is a physical one!)

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll use it for my region changed 3ds. So I have to update that specific game on a 3ds with the same region so I can use it on another 3ds, am i right?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, download the update on your American console, extract ticket.db with Decrypt9, and download the cia with FunkyCia!

Good luck!

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I know that what i'm extracting is the update of that specific game? Sorry for the questions.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Generally (always?), updates have a title id similiar to the full game's (you can usually find it on 3dsdb.com), but with a different category (example: the game is 00040000-????????, its update will be 0004000E-????????)

Reactions: Akira

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, I lost an online friend today who i knew since 2021