Download Play

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Game_Master001, Jul 25, 2011.

Jul 25, 2011

Download Play by Game_Master001 at 9:57 PM (552 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Game_Master001
    OP

Newcomer Game_Master001 Member

Netherlands
    Likely a weird question, but here goes.

In a few months a certain game will be released on DSiWare. There's word it will also be released in the 3DS shop. Say that this is indeed the case and say it will have Download Play, would a regular DS be able to connect?

2. Presto99

Member Presto99 You slammin, bro?

United States
    yep! [​IMG]
    I have a DSiWare game called Pop Island/Paperfield. It's DSiWare, but any kind of ds system can download a demo version. you can even play multiplayer between DS systems with the full version and DS systems with the temporary demo! It's a rare example though.

3. Game_Master001
    OP

Netherlands
    Yeah, I already thought DS to DSi with DSiWare game wouldn't be a problem, but what if it is also released in the 3DS shop and you're trying to connect to that 3DS's version of the game? Would there then be compatibility? Or would the 3DS version of a DSiWare game be different in a sense where a regular Nintendo DS wouldn't be able to connect anymore? As the thing is, we have 0 DSi's here, 1 3DS and 2 regular DS's (it's not even said the game will have Download Play though, but considering its nature it would make sense).

4. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    usually games sold in both the DSi store and eshop are DSiware, so they would be exactly the same for the 3DS and DSi.
    so there should be no connection problems.

5. Game_Master001
    OP

Netherlands
    Great, thanks for the replies. Now I'll just hope the rumors are true [​IMG]