Hacking Download game updates without system update?

Kohmei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New to PS4

Is it possible to download game updates without updating your system?
Does blocking PSN hosts in your router block everything including game updates?

Thanks

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can try to see if PSProxy and SKFU Pr0xy works for you. It still works for me.
PSProxy is to download anything, except update, SKFU Pr0xy is to install what you've downloaded.

kallek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try to see if PSProxy and SKFU Pr0xy works for you. It still works for me.
PSProxy is to download anything, except update, SKFU Pr0xy is to install what you've downloaded.

Which firmware version are you on? My PS4 Pro came with 3.70, but I'm thinking of updating to 4.01. What region are you in? I'm in europe. Does PSProxy work with european servers?

Last edited by kallek,

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait what? I'm still trying to get PSProxy to work, but I haven't had any success. I even updated ps4-updatelist.xml and still nothing. I see links being redirected, but nothing works.

Last edited by NyaakoXD,

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I know that most can't connect with PSProxy, but I don't know why I can. Maybe I can't now, my memory is kinda faulty. I'll try to see if it works now.

Edit: Oh, look like it doesn't work anymore for me too, sorry. I didn't use PSProxy for a while, so I thought I verified if it was still working after seeing the news that it didn't works anymore.

Last edited by medoli900,

Kohmei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in conclusion, it's not possible?

I read somewhere that the PS4 will only download the system update but not install it automatically unless this feature is enabled in sleep mode
Is that not true? If so you could just continually refuse to install the update (perhaps not ideal)

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in conclusion, it's not possible?

I read somewhere that the PS4 will only download the system update but not install it automatically unless this feature is enabled in sleep mode
Is that not true? If so you could just continually refuse to install the update (perhaps not ideal)
There's an option in the settings where you can turn off automatic downloads for updates. Turning that off will not make the console download the update no matter what firmware you're on. But if you try to connect to wifi and sign in, it'll already detect that it needs to be updated to the latest firmware. Which is why some people need a proxy to avoid that wall and stay on a lower firmware.

Last edited by NyaakoXD,
Reactions: Kohmei

Kohmei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, it seems like without logging into PSN, which requires a system update, you can't even use the PS4's WWW browser... which I'm not sure is just the case for a brand new console, or always the case for any PS4. Regardless, it seems like new console owners would be screwed if any future exploit is a webkit exploit, since updating to the latest version seems to be a requirement to use the browser.

Not something I'm going to lose too much sleep over, just trying to understand

Edit: Just read about the User's Guide thing. That's pretty sneaky, and I'm amazed Sony hasn't eliminated that yet as of 3.70

Last edited by Kohmei,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.