Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 844,425
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for replying.

Im having problems with the save (64KB), I guess its because the editing. I cant reduce it to 32KB. This is the save I try to use: http://www.gamefaqs.com/gba/914982-metroid-zero-mission/saves (EUROPE SAVES)

I'll explain my steps: The save I download its a 64KB Gameshark Save (MetroidZero.SPS) >> I open it on VisualBoyAdvance, and save it to "MetroidZero.SAV" >> Then, I change the name from "MetroidZero.SAV" to "sysgbavc.SAV". The save its still on 64 KB >> Try to inject the save, but its impossible. Im sure its because its 64KB >> Later I try to edit the file with HxD but I cant reduce it to 32KB.

I put here the dump.SAV and the MetroidZero.SAV, so you can see it.

Cheers!
Try with that (i have just trimmed it):

Attachments

• MetroidZero.zip
    507 bytes · Views: 160

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
WORKS PERFECT! Thank you mate! How u do it?

Cheers!
I have just trimmed the save using a hexadecimal editor.
I have alredy explained it when you quoted me.

"Open a hexadecimal editor (like HxD), and erase all the content at the end.
So, the save file should end at the offset 00007FFF."

Last edited by RealityNinja,

GoldenGallade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can't manage to launch it throu the homebrew launcher. It just makes 2 red screen flashes on the bottom screen, then returns to the channel. I never used decrypt9 after I hacked my 3ds the very first time, but it worked. Why now it won't work?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't manage to launch it throu the homebrew launcher. It just makes 2 red screen flashes on the bottom screen, then returns to the channel. I never used decrypt9 after I hacked my 3ds the very first time, but it worked. Why now it won't work?
If you installed A9LH, you have to launch it through Luma payloads, like you do with Hourglass9.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might be an idiot for asking this, but could we possibly get an option to just dump the decrypted exefs or code.bin of a cia? With saltysd having SM support (along with other modifications to code.bin for SM), kids are wanting code.bins for use with luma and having this in decrypt9 would make things much faster and not require 3gb on an sd card to do.

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I might be an idiot for asking this, but could we possibly get an option to just dump the decrypted exefs or code.bin of a cia? With saltysd having SM support (along with other modifications to code.bin for SM), kids are wanting code.bins for use with luma and having this in decrypt9 would make things much faster and not require 3gb on an sd card to do.
Don't needed. Just wait for the latest Luma3DS to have a stable release.
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/commit/cc0cade4d23746186e824e5811c9ba043dccc1b7
Implementation of IPS patching for code.bin.

edit: maybe it's possible to edit the first release of braindump to only dump the code.bin

Last edited by RealityNinja,

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at the commit comment from Aurora is hilarious. I don't know what kind of bug is this "derp" thing but it sure needs a lot of fixing :lol:

Mine are usually more like "groumpf" or "stupidity fix..."

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't needed. Just wait for the latest Luma3DS to have a stable release.
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/commit/cc0cade4d23746186e824e5811c9ba043dccc1b7
Implementation of IPS patching for code.bin.

edit: maybe it's possible to edit the first release of braindump to only dump the code.bin
I'm not going to give an answer of "just wait for luma to update or use a nightly" to people who just want to make a few modifications to something when there might be a simple feature that can be implemented fairly quickly in another tool. IPS patching still doesn't allow dumping of code.bin and we don't know when the next stable build of Luma will be made.

Reactions: RealityNinja

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not going to give an answer of "just wait for luma to update or use a nightly" to people who just want to make a few modifications to something when there might be a simple feature that can be implemented fairly quickly in another tool. IPS patching still doesn't allow dumping of code.bin and we don't know when the next stable build of Luma will be made.
Mounting and accessing CIAs / NCCHs / NCSD (RomFS and ExeFS) is coming, but for GodMode9, not for Decrypt9. I feel this is just to much of a feature that requires an actual file browser for Decrypt9.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I4m trying to help a friend, and he have that error :
-r9cj1FN.jpg

He is running D9 with BrowserHax and the 3dsx from a 9.2 sysnand (no a9lh yet, but it's planned)

RealityNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: Asia81

azerti1304

Trophies
XP
Country
France
What's the error?
Else, the .3dsx is broken (even on 9.2). You have to use the .bin for a9lh or the .dat (https://plailect.github.io/Guide/decrypt9-(browser))

It doesn't work. I try the new bin in A9lH. But i just boot on config of Luma.

I use .bin and rename to x_Decrypt9WIP.dat and put in the Luma folder
(Sd-Luma-payloads-x_Decrypt9WIP.dat)

Edit : I renamed to x_Decrypt9WIP.bin not x_Decrypt9WIP.dat.

Last edited by azerti1304,

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You are supposed to use the .bin not the .dat for A9LH.

Edit: So I learned how to read. Rename the bin x_decryptWIP9.bin not .dat.

Last edited by Redferne,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: