Homebrew Official [Download] Decrypt9 - Open Source Decryption Tools (WIP)

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 841,058
  • Replies 4,476
  • Likes 71

Alter Ratione

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't inject my friendsave.bin and seedsave.bin with the newest version of Decrypt9 (using it with a9lh entry). Any reason why? Actually, I can't inject any options of System Save.

Last edited by Alter Ratione,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The log is here. It's the last thing I did, I believe.
Well, I wonder how that could happen. This looks like your CTRNAND is badly fragmented, and the only way to fix it is defragmenting it. From one of Plailects older guides:
... Defragment your NAND by using Decrypt9 to dump your CTRNAND partition, then mounting it on your computer using something like OSFMount and defragging that mounted CTRNAND using something like Defraggler.

Keep in mind, you only need to dump / inject your CTRNAND partition (SysNAND Options -> Partition Dump / Inject). If something goes wrong, no biggie, you got A9LH. Just have a backup ready, but who am I telling this? :)

Reactions: GilgameshArcher

Alter Ratione

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's probably bad fragmented because of how many times I had reinserted a nand and ctrnand to restore the home menu and ns module patches. I did at least 15 restorations yesterday till I figured out what I could take and what I could not.

Thanks, @dok3, going to do the backup just now and try that.

EDIT: The fragment analysis on the new ctr I made from my use so far has been 0% fragmented and almost instantly was complete with no alteration. Trying to fragment the ctr I used as well on that transfer because it was the one from Plailect's Guide.
Basically, what I did was restore one of my backups, do the ctr transfer to make it usable again, and start anew - and that's when I couldn't inject my old nand data into the ctr afterwards. Should I also turn my old backup into a ctr so I can mount it and try defrag, then do the whole process again with two ctr transfers or should I just try reinjecting the data since I already tried the refrag on the current nand?

Last edited by Alter Ratione,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's probably bad fragmented because of how many times I had reinserted a nand and ctrnand to restore the home menu and ns module patches. I did at least 15 restorations yesterday till I figured out what I could take and what I could not.

Thanks, @dok3, going to do the backup just now and try that.

EDIT: The fragment analysis on the new ctr I made from my use so far has been 0% fragmented and almost instantly was complete with no alteration. Trying to fragment the ctr I used as well on that transfer because it was the one from Plailect's Guide.
Basically, what I did was restore one of my backups, do the ctr transfer to make it usable again, and start anew - and that's when I couldn't inject my old nand data into the ctr afterwards. Should I also turn my old backup into a ctr so I can mount it and try defrag, then do the whole process again with two ctr transfers or should I just try reinjecting the data since I already tried the refrag on the current nand?

This is after the ctrtransfer? Did you at least try to start the system once after the transfer? If not, try it, it will most likely solve your problem. Inject afterwards.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed when dumping NDS ROMs, I cannot dump any of the Bomberman games from carts. Is there a fix for this, or a reason behind the dump failure, like an AP or something..?

human_kirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok, sorry to bother you with this, @d0k3 but it seems that transfering a movable CTRNand image from one n3ds to another somehow did break my DS functionality,, since it only shows a black screen as soon as I start anything DS releated (DSi games, DS cartridges and DS dwonload play). I already tried to reinstall acording to plailect's and luma's troubleshooting, but it didnt work. I also did try an older luma version, but still no success.
Edit: GBA games also seem to work, which means that my Luma+Bootmanager should be setup correctly.

Also, on a side note, transfering the movable.sedand the tickets from an old 3ds to an n3ds works like a charm (you should use something like ticksweep before, though). And it does not seem to break anything.

Last edited by human_kirby,

bizarrojoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning, I was hoping someone can help me here. Given the sheer volume of thread replies, I apologize for asking a redundant question.

My story: I purchased a N3DS XL on eBay with A9LH installed. It worked wonderfully at first, until I foolishly deleted some files via FBI. Once I rebooted, the screen went black. I tried to use utilities like Decrypt9, but all I accomplished was corrupting my SD card. I've since contacted the seller, who has been nice enough to offer to send me all their backups and related files.

I've used the Plailect troubleshooting guide to verify that my N3DS isn't bricked; I'm able to put a test payload on a different SD card and turn on and off the 3DS.

My question: Can I use Decrypt9 to restore the 3DS and SD card using the backup sysNAND and emuNAND? If so, do I need to downgrade the FW back to 9.2? When I received the 3DS, it had the latest FW on it.

Thanks for any advice you can offer. I'm new to the A9LH scene, and I'm happy to learn all I can.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good morning, I was hoping someone can help me here. Given the sheer volume of thread replies, I apologize for asking a redundant question.

My story: I purchased a N3DS XL on eBay with A9LH installed. It worked wonderfully at first, until I foolishly deleted some files via FBI. Once I rebooted, the screen went black. I tried to use utilities like Decrypt9, but all I accomplished was corrupting my SD card. I've since contacted the seller, who has been nice enough to offer to send me all their backups and related files.

I've used the Plailect troubleshooting guide to verify that my N3DS isn't bricked; I'm able to put a test payload on a different SD card and turn on and off the 3DS.

My question: Can I use Decrypt9 to restore the 3DS and SD card using the backup sysNAND and emuNAND? If so, do I need to downgrade the FW back to 9.2? When I received the 3DS, it had the latest FW on it.

Thanks for any advice you can offer. I'm new to the A9LH scene, and I'm happy to learn all I can.

you can restore a nand backup from a9lh by chainloading decrypt9 and selecting to do a nand restore. No need to downgrade. this will not restore the contents on your sd card though (except emunand).

Last edited by Aletron9000,

bizarrojoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can restore a nand backup from a9lh by chainloading decrypt9 and selecting to do a nand restore. No need to downgrade. this will not restore the contents on your sd card though (except emunand).

Thanks for your response. If the original owner of the 3DS went through Plailect's A9LH guide (which I'm trying to understand), does that mean that emuNAND is irrelevant because Luma3DS is supposed to boot a patched sysNAND? And if so, does that mean that the only NAND is the patched one on the console itself? Because I think that would mean that the real problem I'm facing is that I accidentally deleted some titles & tickets off the SD card, and all I need to do is make sure a clean version of Luma3DS & payloads are present to get back to a state where the 3DS is working, but doesn't have any games or apps on it anymore. Does that sound accurate?

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your response. If the original owner of the 3DS went through Plailect's A9LH guide (which I'm trying to understand), does that mean that emuNAND is irrelevant because Luma3DS is supposed to boot a patched sysNAND? And if so, does that mean that the only NAND is the patched one on the console itself? Because I think that would mean that the real problem I'm facing is that I accidentally deleted some titles & tickets off the SD card, and all I need to do is make sure a clean version of Luma3DS & payloads are present to get back to a state where the 3DS is working, but doesn't have any games or apps on it anymore. Does that sound accurate?

emunand is somewhat irrelevant on a9lh sysnand. tickets are not stored on the sd card, those are on the NAND. changing luma and the payloads will not fix the issue

Last edited by Aletron9000,

bizarrojoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
emunand is somewhat irrelevant on a9lh sysnand. tickets are not stored on the sd card, those are on the NAND. changing luma and the payloads will not fix the issue

In FBI, if I recall correctly, I deleted some items under "Titles". There seemed to be an older FBI copy on the home menu, and a bunch of items that were nothing but a long string of numbers. When I did that, I chose the option to delete Title+Tickets. Did I remove something critical from the console itself then?

Last edited by bizarrojoe,

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In FBI, if I recall correctly, I deleted some items under "Titles", which was colored red. There seemed to be an older FBI copy on the home menu, and a bunch of items that were nothing but a long string of numbers. When I did that, I chose the option to delete Title+Tickets. Did I remove something critical from the console itself then?

red titles are installed to NAND. you deleted the title and ticket from the NAND, you can only recover by restoring a nand backup

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It would be funny to pick up a girl in a real expensive car, then next date show up in a piece o shit car just to see her reaction. If she was real, it wouldn't matter.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Everyone is disposable and replaceable, lies and deception are the coin of the realm. I have never felt so alone and so at odds with the world.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't think we should see others as disposable just if they can show any glimps of care about humanity should be forgiven
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she would leave you inmediately
    +1
    For a time I considered creating a new big bang. Wipe the slate clean and start from scratch....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your closest friend probably talks negative about you the most
    +1
    I know I talk shit about that Ken guy constantly lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I just had to consile it's a age thing and I can get erect
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Right.. Take a number
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Binkinator is still around you guys. I just saw him in one of the Discord servers that I'm in.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People get more mad when they learn you aren't as dimwitted as they think
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, that guy who was dissappeared?
    My favorite thing about that Ken, if they talk bad about others to you. They doing it to you too.
    Always remember that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    More or less then they drop you and blame you when you find out
    Well taking responsibility for their own actions would mean doing work and self reflection lol easier to just be a pile of crap rolling down hill
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dont mean to be rude but what was so important about them?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, He truly shared his great knowledge about Switch modding.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    People miss him because he used to be active a lot.
    +1
    I modified a switch in a bathroom one time by wiping poop on it... Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been noticing it more these days alot has to do with coperation attitude manipulation people work in it so long they think it's a good way to live
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And he/she used to do any/every mod to the Switch, just to learn and teach others as well. A true Switch genius.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: And he/she used to do any/every mod to the Switch, just to learn and teach others as well. A... +1