1. bajibbles

OP bajibbles Ragnafreak

Hi guys I had a huge look around this forum but couldn't find anything that totally matched my situation.
    Randomly, the last time I posted on this account was in 2005... GBAtemp hasn't changed much!!

So my cousin was trying to play smash bros over local and inadvertedly updated my switch to the newest version, meaning I can't run anything.

I followed the instructions here to update my version of hekate / atmosphere hoping the switch was in a compatible version.

I can now boot into Hekate but when I try to boot into reinx (black screen) or fusee-primary (atmosphere for 1 second, followed by black screen) I get nothing so assuming I need to downgrade.

Tried following the instructions here but as I can't open Atmosphere I can't open ChoiDujourNX.

Just confirming I need to try a manual downgrade, which looks kind of scary...
    https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade

If there are any other options please let me know.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
  2. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Legend

United States
    If you updated to 9.1.0, then all you need to do is use the latest version of Atmosphere and fusee-primary. The update might have removed exFAT compatibility, which means your SD card needs to be FAT32 for any CFW to boot properly.

There is no reason to downgrade.

bajibbles likes this.
  3. bajibbles

OP bajibbles Ragnafreak

Mate you have made my day.
    So I just need to reformat the SD card?
    It is currently in exFAT, so I will try reformatting it into FAT32.

4. bajibbles

OP bajibbles Ragnafreak

Hi guys,
    I reformatted into FAT32 and reinstalled a package from sdsetup.com (should be the latest atmosphere/fusee?), but I still can't load any firmware. I try to open fusee-primary but it just blacks out.
    If anyone has advice let me know.
    I am going to do a full format (i did a quick format) into FAT32 and see if that solves it.
    Thanks again Lacius for your help.

5. Gcentrex

Gcentrex GBAtemp Fan

United States
    sdsetup doesn't provide the latest versions of Atmosphère and hekate, sdsetup won't update until Kosmos is updated and that might take a while.

6. bajibbles

OP bajibbles Ragnafreak

I honestly was in shock and disbelief when my switch finally rebooted itself. You guys are absolutely amazing. THANK YOU BOTH

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I honestly was in shock and disbelief when my switch loaded. You guys are HEROES

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Downgrading, switch,