bajibbles

Ragnafreak
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi guys I had a huge look around this forum but couldn't find anything that totally matched my situation.
Randomly, the last time I posted on this account was in 2005... GBAtemp hasn't changed much!!

So my cousin was trying to play smash bros over local and inadvertedly updated my switch to the newest version, meaning I can't run anything.

I followed the instructions here to update my version of hekate / atmosphere hoping the switch was in a compatible version.

I can now boot into Hekate but when I try to boot into reinx (black screen) or fusee-primary (atmosphere for 1 second, followed by black screen) I get nothing so assuming I need to downgrade.

Tried following the instructions here but as I can't open Atmosphere I can't open ChoiDujourNX.

Just confirming I need to try a manual downgrade, which looks kind of scary...
https://switch.homebrew.guide/usingcfw/manualchoiupgrade

If there are any other options please let me know.

Last edited by bajibbles,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you updated to 9.1.0, then all you need to do is use the latest version of Atmosphere and fusee-primary. The update might have removed exFAT compatibility, which means your SD card needs to be FAT32 for any CFW to boot properly.

There is no reason to downgrade.

Reactions: bajibbles

bajibbles

Ragnafreak
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi guys,
I reformatted into FAT32 and reinstalled a package from sdsetup.com (should be the latest atmosphere/fusee?), but I still can't load any firmware. I try to open fusee-primary but it just blacks out.
If anyone has advice let me know.
I am going to do a full format (i did a quick format) into FAT32 and see if that solves it.
Thanks again Lacius for your help.

Gcentrex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys,
I reformatted into FAT32 and reinstalled a package from sdsetup.com (should be the latest atmosphere/fusee?), but I still can't load any firmware. I try to open fusee-primary but it just blacks out.
If anyone has advice let me know.
I am going to do a full format (i did a quick format) into FAT32 and see if that solves it.
Thanks again Lacius for your help.

sdsetup doesn't provide the latest versions of Atmosphère and hekate, sdsetup won't update until Kosmos is updated and that might take a while.

bajibbles

Ragnafreak
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I honestly was in shock and disbelief when my switch finally rebooted itself. You guys are absolutely amazing. THANK YOU BOTH

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I honestly was in shock and disbelief when my switch loaded. You guys are HEROES

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol