Downgrading 2nd 3DS on 10.7

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by webhead15, Oct 15, 2016.

1. webhead15
    OP

webhead15 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2016
    Canada
    Just completed my first CFW following the plailect guide (and some great help from the users on here)

my first 3ds started with firmware 9.7, so it worked out well, its now running with luna cfw perfect

now on to my second, the firmware is 10.7.0-32u, im having difficulty finding a guide for this specific firmware to downgrade to 9.2. Most are about 11 and up. Can i use the CFW 3ds to help? or is the only way by getting a game ?

any help?

2. 1x7

1x7 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Nowhere, England.
  3. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    cvskid, webhead15 and 1x7 like this.
  4. webhead15
    OP

webhead15 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2016
    Canada
  5. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You cannot use the browser this time. You need one of those games.

6. webhead15
    OP

webhead15 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2016
    Canada
    are any of these free? or is there a way to use my other 3ds with cfw to do it?

7. Tommy531jed

Tommy531jed Member

Newcomer
    Aug 21, 2016
    Canada
    I had an old 3ds on 10.7 that I downgraded to 9.2 using SafeSysDowngrader using this guide. It might be outdated but it worked for me.

8. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    The video guide is likely outdated and likely doesn't include any additional information. Everything the OP needs is in the guide I linked to.

Xiphiidae likes this.
  9. solress

solress Not a dev

May 12, 2016
    Netherlands
    Between here and there
    if you think it's outdated there's no reason to link it

1x7 likes this.
  10. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    You need one of the games on the list. There's no way around that. One of your friends likely has a game on that list. Ask to borrow it.

11. nechigawara

nechigawara Citizen of Gamindustri

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    Some people told me 10.7 still can use browserhax with the correct setting in this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/browserhax-on-10-7-0-for-installing-menuhax-for-a9lh-installing.442973/
    OP counld try by reading every posts there (MUST READ EVERY POSTS) if he wants to do it without paying.
    But I'm not recommend since Browserhax on 10.7 is a bit pain in a bud. Some peple can do it while many peaple can't make it works.
    OP, you should go with the another game exploit, since most of them have higher success rate.

Last edited by nechigawara, Oct 15, 2016
  12. Hoang Tran

Hoang Tran Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2014
    Canada
    Last edited by Hoang Tran, Oct 15, 2016
  13. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    Well, if you upgrade to 11.1, you can then downgrade via DSiWare downgrade if you have a 3DS with CFW. That'd cost you about 5€ (for Fieldrunners), but it might be cheaper than getting an entrypoint cartridge.

14. nechigawara

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    Is 11.1 browserhax is stable? Since right now his problem is finding exploit to downgrading to 9.2.
    (Since Browserhax is very unstable and hard to accomplish on 10.7, and look like he doesn't want to pay for game exploit)
    And DSiWare downgrade only take his NATIVE_FIRM back to 10.4, so other component still stuck in 11.1 until he do full 9.2 downgrading .

webhead15 likes this.
  15. webhead15
    OP

webhead15 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2016
    Canada
    ill look in that, having difficulty finding the cartridges, im wondering if patience and time will be my friend,

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

so leave it at 10.7 for now ? back to pay exploit? ... :mellow:

16. nechigawara

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D (OOT3Dhax) and Pokemon ORAS (basehaxx) should be the easy one to find.
    Pokemon ORAS are popular, and Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D has re-release version call Nintendo selects.
    Since you have another hacked 3DS, secondary exploit is a wise choice, use hacked one to install an exploit then run it on target console.
    You also have another legit good 3DS game to play in your collection without pirating too.

I already said in post #11 that somebody confirmed to me that 10.7 still be able to use browserhax, but it's very unstable.
    You could try by reading that thread and config the correct setting (DNS, router server blocked, etc).

But, you should go games exploit, it's has higer success rate,
    And many people also report that browserhax doesn't work, included me.

I think going 11.1 doesn't fix your correct problem, since right now you need an exploit to downgrade. Which I'm not sure going 11.1 will solve this.

Last edited by nechigawara, Oct 16, 2016
    webhead15 likes this.
  17. Harsky

Harsky Madmin

Aug 2, 2004
    I honestly recommend that you buy Ocarina of Time 3D and then use your first CFW'd 3DS to install the save exploit for 10.7 3DS. Using the browser to access homebrew is hit and miss once it starts going into the 10.x firmware in my opinion whereas the Ocarina of Time 3D cart boots it straight into the Homebrew Launcher 99% of the time.

webhead15 likes this.
  18. gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    The issue lies in bypassing the update nag. If you don't have the nag, on 10.7, you can block the domains (as tubehax DNS is down), and use browserhax. If you do, you'll need to format to get rid of the nag.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

There is no 11.1 browserhax. However, it doesn't matter. When he buys the game, sets up the DSiWare exploit, before the transfer, he can also set up Steel Diver: Sub Wars and get steelhax. That way, he'll have an entrypoint for him to downgrade.

nechigawara likes this.
  19. nechigawara

Oct 14, 2006
    Thailand
    Planeptune
    Not all people can do drop connection on their router, also, with the correct setting, some people still get nag (or may be he doesn't make the right config?)
    I saw some people report that Steel Diver: Sub Wars doesn't tranfer to 2# 3DS. May be finding the cartridge as a back up should be safer.

Last edited by nechigawara, Oct 16, 2016
  20. gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    It definitely does. I did a DSiWareHax downgrade last week.

nechigawara likes this.