Homebrew Downgrade Question: Is It Safe?

Mrzeldaootfan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it gives me some kind of timeout, i had to leave my computer atm, but it gives me a red bar during the copy progress and asks me to try again then fails

Boured

A Dusk Lycanroc who cares a lot about people.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if it was safe to downgrade my 3ds firmware from 10.7 to a 9.2 firmware, i think it might brick my 3ds
As long as you have the right files and take every safety precaution you'll be fine. Though if your on 10.7, I would recommend getting A9LH, it's really great as it can never be patched and the thing will work even if you update.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have downgraded and install A9LH on 4 different systems thus far, all of them turned out just fine.
The tools have become a lot safer and now have built in features to check for errors before they happen to keep your system safe.
Or you can go the old school route, Menuhax + ctr boot manager + emunand + cfw
Please don't. MenuHAX is out of date and unreliable, go with A9LH. There's just no reason to support out of date tech.

Last edited by The Catboy,

TimX24968B

"That guy"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if it was safe to downgrade my 3ds firmware from 10.7 to a 9.2 firmware, i think it might brick my 3ds
its highly unlikely, but as they say, it's not 100% safe, and never will be. none of this stuff will.

here's a quote from a movie i don't know the title of that i like to use whenever someone asks if something like this is like 200% or so safe:
"what's the safest way to go skiing? don't ski."

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
last question, do i need to connect to an internet while downgrading?
No. However, if you brick, you'll need internet to update to 11.0. But with plaisysupdater, it will be highly unlikely. Just note that you'll need a game to run the Homebrew launcher. Also, don't use a tubehax DNS. Tubehax blocks Nintendo servers and if you brick, (unless you turn off your router and turn it back on) it's not possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: How Roms Try Helping? +1