fuducker81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome! confirmed success that this works, and a video to go with it. This makes me extremely happy, though sad as I turned my ds into a paperweight lifting a pad :ohnoes:. I did get a new motherboard for it though. Hopefully a way to write directly to nand in software becomes available, as I'd love to see this method go obsolete;)

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Amazing job im surprised you got sysupdater to run so easily guess im gonna get a new tip any size you can recommend?

That was the safesysupdater if that makes any difference, as for soldering tips, the smallest you can find. I'm pretty experienced and run my iron way hotter than any sane person would lol. But I'm quick and have done it enough times... Also a good iron is key, a shit 15 dollar one, is exactly that, shit.

Spaqin

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So, the only thing Nintendo has to do right now to prevent that in future software versions, is to release them with NATIVE_FIRM minor version higher than the current one, ie. 2.51?

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, the only thing Nintendo has to do right now to prevent that in future software versions, is to release them with NATIVE_FIRM minor version higher than the current one, ie. 2.51?
It's to my understanding it would have to be a pretty major update? That what I've gathered reading various comments.

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold on a second, if there are people who have downgraded their N3DS with an O3DS pack and resulted in a brick, would this method also allow those users to unbrick?

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold on a second, if there are people who have downgraded their N3DS with an O3DS pack and resulted in a brick, would this method also allow those users to unbrick?
I'm not sure. You could replace your NATIVE_FIRM with the correct one for sure, but I have no idea if it would actually boot since all the system titles are wrong. (Although my first guess would be that it wouldn't)

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not without a valid NAND from their console.

How this works is,

You hardmod the console, make a dump of your NAND.

Patch the NAND with the files found on front page.

Take your newly patched NAND and write it back to your console, you can now downgrade from 10.5 to 9.2

If you read through the pages here, there is a few people that explain what is going on in great detail.

Reactions: CrispyYoshi

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not without a valid NAND from their console.

How this works is,

You hardmod the console, make a dump of your NAND.

Patch the NAND with the files found on front page.

Take your newly patched NAND and write it back to your console, you can now downgrade from 10.5 to 9.2

If you read through the pages here, there is a few people that explain what is going on in great detail.

He could dump the NAND and then replace the o3DS NATIVE_FIRM with the n3DS NATIVE_FIRM, which would be a step in the right direction, but there's still all the o3DS system titles that would almost certainly not load on the n3DS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?