Hacking Downgrade Issue - Any help appreciated

dsliteboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I have a 3ds on FW 7.1 and am trying to downgrade it - I have done this before successfully (on other 3ds) but on this on, when I have everything in place, and try and start the browser, it says I have to upgrade firmware before the browser will be operational ??

Is there a way around this? I obviously need the browser to run the exploit

thanks in advance

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like you triggered the FW update nag before you managed to run the exploit. You should keep your wifi switch off until you're just ready to do it. I think your only option is to format the system to remove the nag

Reactions: dsliteboy

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I have a 3ds on FW 7.1 and am trying to downgrade it - I have done this before successfully (on other 3ds) but on this on, when I have everything in place, and try and start the browser, it says I have to upgrade firmware before the browser will be operational ??

What is the full firmware version number of that 3DS?

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Did you upgrade your console via games only?? It seems like the browser isn't installed on your console, which will only be installed if you update via the internet. If that's the case then you're out of luck.

dsliteboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there - THANKS to all for the response!

Yep Full FW is 7.1.0-0E

and yep its never been on the web - All upgrades were from carts.

Is there anyway at all to bypass this?

thanks in advance again

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Aye this is a question I'd like to know the answer to as well

Are all people with "partial firmwares" installed basically ****ed? Or is there a workaround? Do all game updates not include the browser?

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi there - THANKS to all for the response!

Yep Full FW is 7.1.0-0E

and yep its never been on the web - All upgrades were from carts.

Is there anyway at all to bypass this?

thanks in advance again

You're out of luck, you won't be able to downgrade it. The only way to get the browser is to connect it to the internet and perform a system update which will install the 9.5 update, which sadly isn't exploitable (yet)

Aye this is a question I'd like to know the answer to as well

Are all people with "partial firmwares" installed basically ****ed? Or is there a workaround? Do all game updates not include the browser?

Pretty much, if you've never updated via the internet you're screwed.

dsliteboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
cheers appreciate the update .. oh well, lets hope a new exploit comes along in the meantime ill enjoy my new Nintendo

hmmm .. gateway crew recon they have the new nintedo exploited (ye the browser exploit was fixed) - maybe there is some hope

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exploiting such a system is possible, but unfortunately no developers have made tools to do so yet. It is possible to make a Cubic Ninja exploit that boots Gateway from a QR code with no assistance from the browser (*). This is all theoretical, but there is no technical constraint stopping it. If I had infinite time, I would do it.

(*) There may be size constraints due to being a QR code, but all this would mean is that you'd need a second 3DS/2DS that does have a browser in order to install the exploit as a Cubic Ninja save game so that you can put the cart into your target 3DS.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Actually scrap what I've said, there might be a way to exploit your system, IIRC gateway has some sort of exploit which will boot from the Mii Channel via QR code. The only thing you can do is wait.

dsliteboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So ... based on the fact I have the Zelda game with exploit (and this works perfectly on my new 3ds) - Can this not be modified to help us with these types of consoles? ie those without browsers?

I have tried the same steps that work on my new 3ds .. but it just hangs on my old 3ds?

Any thoughts?

thanks!!

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, this can be made to work on Old 3DS. I am disappointed in Gatewait for not supporting Old 3DS in the Ocarina of Time hack.

dsliteboy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, this can be made to work on Old 3DS. I am disappointed in Gatewait for not supporting Old 3DS in the Ocarina of Time hack.

Darn ... so its a case of waiting for gateway to respond ... this exploit would be WAY better than the web browser hack (IMHO)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning