Hacking Question Downgrade from 9.0.0 to 8.1.0???

Stallion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I was on 8.1.0, but since I updated my Switch to 9.0.0 I cannot play SSBU xci, it says the game cart cannot be used with the console, but the weird thing is that's the only game that have that problem, every other xci game I have works perfectly fine...

So, can I downgrade from 9.0.0 to 8.1.0 again? I have the 8.1.0 files on my SD, i updated to 9.0.0 using ChoidujourNX.

I also have a NAND backup from when I had installed SX OS 2.9.0 Beta and ofw 8.1.0, if I cannot downgrade using ChoidujourNX.can I downgrade the ofw by restoring the NAND backup? I have never restored a NAND backup so I don't really know what changes do it to the console.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was on 8.1.0, but since I updated my Switch to 9.0.0 I cannot play SSBU xci, it says the game cart cannot be used with the console, but the weird thing is that's the only game that have that problem, every other xci game I have works perfectly fine...

So, can I downgrade from 9.0.0 to 8.1.0 again? I have the 8.1.0 files on my SD, i updated to 9.0.0 using ChoidujourNX.

I also have a NAND backup from when I had installed SX OS 2.9.0 Beta and ofw 8.1.0, if I cannot downgrade using ChoidujourNX.can I downgrade the ofw by restoring the NAND backup? I have never restored a NAND backup so I don't really know what changes do it to the console.

I would caution against it probably

mav2010

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If it’s only that one game, then I would rather not downgrade or restore (at least not on sysnand).

Get another XCI of that game or wait for the next SXOS update. It is known that some older combined XCIs with updates or DLCs included do not work at the moment.

lpoolm

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have updated in the past and games have stopped working on sx, just delete the game and reinstall and it always works for me doing that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and...