Hacking Downgrade from 12.0.1 to 10.2.0

Joronaud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It is a good idea to downgrade from 12.0.1 to 10.2.0? I downgrade 3 times yet. Which components are overwritten?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no reason to downgrade unless you are using SX OS, in which case you should downgrade to 11.0.0.

If you are using Atmosphere, there is no reason not to be on 12.0.1.

If you decide you want to downgrade, you can do so easily with Daybreak. However, the father back you downgrade, the more likely it is you will have to reinitialize the Nintendo Switch and wipe your settings. You can also downgrade by restoring an older eMMC backup.

Joronaud

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't know the Awoo Installer yet I will test it now.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It works! Thanks, now I can stay on version 12.0.1

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
The problem with Awoo, is that if you want to install a new update it wont delete or overwrite the old update.
Taking up more space on the sd card than it should. I like to keep my games Updated.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with Awoo, is that if you want to install a new update it wont delete or overwrite the old update.
Taking up more space on the sd card than it should. I like to keep my games Updated.
This issue was fixed a long time ago.

Ninn

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah that's it. It still happends with the lastest version.

I guess i have to do a FULL reboot after an update. Should solve the issue.

Last edited by Ninn,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup broke many homebrews :(

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There is, actually lots!
Most homebrew applications work with 12.0.x (100% of the ones I use are compatible with 12.0.x), but there are some that don't. If a homebrew application is still being actively developed, it will probably receive a support update for 12.0.x sooner rather than later.

Unless there's an application you must have that a.) Doesn't work with 12.0.x, and b.) Doesn't have a better maintained alternative, there's no reason not to downgrade.

Last edited by Lacius,

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Most homebrew applications work with 12.0.x (100% of the ones I use are compatible with 12.0.x), but there are some that don't. If a homebrew application is still being actively developed, it will probably receive a support update for 12.0.x sooner rather than later.

Unless there's an application you must have that a.) Doesn't work with 12.0.x, and b.) Doesn't have a better maintained alternative, there's no reason not to downgrade.
There are literally TONS of homebrew who will never got an upgrade.(probably) Or very delayed atleast. + whole SX OS thing.
Actually there is almost no reason to upgrade to FW 12. only if you want bluetooth homebrew lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...