Downgrade from 11.0 issues

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Plaguereign, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Plaguereign
    OP

Plaguereign Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    United States
    I tried to downgrade from 11.0 using the guide but my dsiware game would not transfer properly. Is there another way to get the save onto the destination system or must I wait a week and try again? I am pulling my hair out!

2. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    nope you need the system transfer to do it, but now you have transfered the game to the new system you would have to wait 1 week to transfer back to the source system then another week to try transfer to the target system again unless you feel like just forfeiting the game and buying it a second time on the source system so you only have to wait 1 week

but the quickest route would probably be a hard mod if your able to solder or know someone who can

vb_encryption_vb likes this.
  3. el_gonz87

el_gonz87 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 24, 2016
    United States
    Did you swap the sd cards at the end of sys transfer? This step is a must, it asks if you want to move DSiWare to SD and at the end it tell you to swap sd so that it can install the dsiware in the new system. If you already let the console reset and create a home folder it may be too late... Next time don't forget this crucial step.

Check old sd card, if you have a folder sdmc:\Nintendo 3DS\<id0>\<id1>\Nintendo DSiWare

If the above folder is present and not empty then you missed this step.

Last edited by el_gonz87, Dec 2, 2016
  4. Plaguereign
    OP

Plaguereign Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 17, 2016
    United States
    I did not swap the cards, but I copied the contents from the 2ds to the 3ds sd card. Looks like I will have to hard mod cause I cant go backwards. Or I could format both systems and set them up again, then wait the 7 days, right? I have much soldering experience, but last time I tried a hard mod was on my original 3ds and wound up with a corrupted nand. Hardmodding myself makes me nervous even though I have soldered in ps2s, ps3s, xbox, and xbox 360s. Is there a good hardmod primer for the New 3ds - the new mario 3ds that is now 99 USD?
    — Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yep, that folder is still there. The odd thing is, I copied the whole nintendo 3ds folder to the micro sd card and it still would not pick up the dsiware. I went ahead and finished the transfer without that completing because I felt I was screwed at that point. The unit wasn't finding it. Scratches head .. Thanks for the replies

Last edited by Plaguereign, Dec 2, 2016