Hacking Downgrade Ambassador O3DS

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am wondering if anyone has downgraded their Ambassador-title-containing O3DS and if they were able to play the titles under emuNAND. I'm not sure if they can be re-downloaded if I decide to upgrade again and it might not be worth it. From what I have read I gather that the downgrade will wipe the NAND out (tickets and all) and currently rxTools doesn't inject backed up tickets, etc. into the sysNAND.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you relink your NNID wouldn't you be able to re-download them? I imagine you're mainly concerned about the GBA VC titles since the others work in emuNAND. If you have a hard-mod on your Ambassador it may be nice to have just in case.

Personally, I left my OG3DS at 9.2 (non Ambassador) because I didn't want to deal with the save encryption issue and blocking Ninty's update servers in my router wasn't too tedious. There's also the wifi switch, just click it on to run the website exploit and leave it off if you're ever out of emuNAND. There's also the Go! Gateway Android app (if you have one) if you're on the go. I also read a post about being able to remove the downloaded update data via booting into recovery mode.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if the eShop lists them anymore for available downloads. Can anyone confirm they do?

Also, a hardmod isn't something I would want to do since it is my kid's system and I would catch hell if I broke it (which if a good possibility because of the CLK point and shoddy flex cable connectors).

jqrn

Trophies
XP
Country
I got ambassador. You can download all the titles on emunand. But the GBA titles don't work if I remember correct

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if the eShop lists them anymore for available downloads. Can anyone confirm they do?

Also, a hardmod isn't something I would want to do since it is my kid's system and I would catch hell if I broke it (which if a good possibility because of the CLK point and shoddy flex cable connectors).

Yeah I hear ya. I would actually send it into one of the guys here to do, and they can hide it behind the back faceplate so you (or your kids) wouldnt even see it.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got ambassador. You can download all the titles on emunand. But the GBA titles don't work if I remember correct

Damn that is what I feared. I guess I will have to think about whether those GBA titles (mostly just Four Swords) is worth losing to get my kid CFW.

jqrn

Trophies
XP
Country
Damn that is what I feared. I guess I will have to think about whether those GBA titles (mostly just Four Swords) is worth losing to get my kid CFW.

I know what you mean. I got an old 3ds xl on sysnand 4.x.x.x with all ambassador stuff on. On my new 3ds i only have the emunand content. Dont think that ill part ways with my old 3ds in the near future. Maybe when they fix so i can transfer my 3ds ambassador
from sysnand 4.x.x.x to 9.5.x.x by some hack.

cracker

Nyah!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the info on transferring legit titles between emuNAND and sysNAND. It turns out I was a little over-prepared this time because lo-and-behold the titles/tickets are still intact and I don't have to resort to further potential-bricking activity. :D Hopefully my endeavor will help someone out with the same questions in the future.

Reactions: Maximilious

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?