1. ArchyGamer1597

OP ArchyGamer1597 Newbie
    Newcomer

Dominican Republic
    Hello, I have a Nintendo Switch V2 (the version from 2019) in it I have the idea to install the MODCHIP SXCORE, my questions are the following:
    1-Can I currently use other CFWs beyond SX OS?
    2-can I install OS like Linux, Android or Lakka on a Switch with SXCORE?
    3-I have seen that SX CORE + SX OS has conflicts with several HB, APPS and EMULATORS, currently which ones can I use and which ones not?
    4-my main interest is to emulate the Nintendo consoles (N64, NES, SNES, GC, GBC, GBA, WII, WIIU, DS, 3DS), one that another PSP game, PS and Andorid. Can I do that on a non-vulnerable switch enabled only by SX CORE and SX OS?

Hola, tengo una Nintendo Switch V2 (la version a partir del 2019) en ella tengo la idea de instalar el MODCHIP SXCORE, mis preguntas son las siguientes:
    1-actualmente puedo usar otros CFW mas alla del SX OS?
    2-puedo instalar OS como Linux, Android o Lakka en una Switch con SXCORE?
    3-he visto que SX CORE + SX OS, tiene conflictos con varios HB, APPS y EMULADORES, actualmente cuales puedo usar y cuales no?
    4-mi principal interes es emular las consolas de nintendo (N64, NES, SNES, GC, GBC, GBA, WII, WIIU, DS, 3DS), uno que otro juego de PSP, PS, y ANDROID. puedo hacer eso en una switch no vulnerable habilitada unicamente por SX CORE y SX OS?

2. Holiday_Ougi

Holiday_Ougi Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    1) No
    2) No
    3) Flycast (Dreamcast) and melonDS (DS) are the ones that don't work that come to my mind. Plus the sysmodules that are built on Atmosphere library (such as Sys-con or MissionControl)
    4) There isn't any Wii U emulator (all of the good wii u titles have been ported anyway). GCN/Wii is only on Android/Lakka/Ubuntu, so can't do much about that. Flycast and melonDS are incompatible as I said.
    This leaves all Nintendo consoles from the NES to the N64 and all handhelds from the GB to the 3DS (skipping the DS). Plus PSX, PSP, MAME and SEGA consoles

ArchyGamer1597 likes this.
  3. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

United States
    1. Not yet but Atmosphere is being worked in for v2 Switches.

2. Yes, but only on V1 Switches of which yours is not

3. I am not sure which emulators and apps don’t work on V2 Switches or SXOS but primarily stay away from anything that touches the NAND.

also, be prepared in the future for Nintendo breaking SXOS with an update and SXOS being useless until Atmosphere comes out for v2.

4. ArchyGamer1597

OP ArchyGamer1597 Newbie
    Newcomer

Dominican Republic
    i Understand, and... where I can track the progress of Atmosphere in relation to V2
    wow, what a bad omen for TX and SX, but it's a possibility that can't be ruled out... Thanks!!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I understand, then, taking into account what you tell me, is there an app that collects functional emulators in 1, or how can I get them separately? And another question, I don't know if you can answer me, but ... the roms of these emulators are the same as the roms that are usually used on pc, and / or cell phone?

5. Holiday_Ougi

Newcomer

Italy
    RetroArch contains most if not all of them. Some emulators also have a standalone release outside of RetroArch (such as PPSSPP). Yes, same roms.

6. ArchyGamer1597

OP ArchyGamer1597 Newbie
    Newcomer

Dominican Republic
    [QUOTE = "Holiday_Ougi, publicación: 9244553, miembro: 410511"] RetroArch contiene la mayoría, si no todos, de ellos. Algunos emuladores también tienen una versión independiente fuera de RetroArch (como PPSSPP). Sí, las mismas roms. [/ QUOTE]

ok, thank you!, mm how can i install dolphin on retroarch?, i saw the emulator in the libretro the core list

7. Holiday_Ougi

Newcomer

Italy
    Not all emulators listed on libretro are available on all devices. There's no core for Dolphin right now for Horizon OS (Switch operating system)

8. ArchyGamer1597

OP ArchyGamer1597 Newbie
    Newcomer

Dominican Republic
    i understand, well if i cant to install Lakka in my switch, retroarch is my Option

9. Basketto

Basketto GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    I’m not if it is advisable to install SX CORE on a Mariko switch right now.
    The problem is that as soon as nintendo adds a “stability” firmware update, you will be stuck on an outdated firmware.
    Whether Team Xecuter continue to update SX OS is anyones guess at the moment, and considering it is the only Custom Firmware available for Mariko switches, it would mean your options might remain very limited.

10. Lord M

Lord M GBAtemp Maniac

Italy
    Wait, so Atmosphere doesnt work on Switch V2? Even on unpatched RCM models?

11. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

United States
    I patched and patched RCM ones are not Mariko (v2), they are Arista V1

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Doubts, Switch,