Double Money Method for Playstation Network Cards

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Games & Content' started by yeshuachrist, Nov 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yeshuachrist
    OP

yeshuachrist GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    Has anyone ever had success with this method: Buy a $20 dollar card, use it, so that the money is added to your Playstation Account, wait 1 month, and use it again and the money will be doubled to $40. Buy a $50 dollar card, wait a month and use the same code again and then you will have $100 in your Playstation Account. (So its possible to get a free Playstation Plus Subscription with any $20 Dollar or above Playstation Network Card).

2. Elaugaufein

Elaugaufein GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2010
    This isn't even remotely plausible. The codes need to be activated at purchase and get deactivated when the money is redeemed. There's absolutely no reason why the deactivation would be cancelled passively in a month.

3. DJPlace
    This message by DJPlace has been removed from public view by Minox, Nov 19, 2015, Reason: Image-post.
    Nov 19, 2015
  4. DJPlace

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    ah your party Poopers also to TC.

Warning: Spoilers inside!

5. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    If this really worked, what would prevent you from doing it over and over once a month and get unlimited money?
    This sounds like the kind of thing people post on their blog/YouTube channel in order to get more views and ad revenue (or just to troll people)

6. yeshuachrist
    OP

yeshuachrist GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2010
    United States
    I guess it depends on how frequently Sony exchanges its databases with its creditors and subscribers. Remember how "MIRC" works, the databases are updated every so often, weekly even, some servers much more frequently. At such a time, it is only possible to perform hacks, to allow certain unrestricted accesses. The same is true for Sony, perhaps Microsoft also ... sometimes you may get luck and get some extra money. If so, then its best to spend it and add the game to your console, its unlikely Sony would contact you, over a database error that resulted in you obtaining a free game. I'm sure this occurance of doubling of said monies happens frequently enough, hasn't happened to me, but for the people that it did happen to, wanted to know more about; "under what circumstances", and "how old was the PSN card with the monies and perhaps how much". Simply to increase my changes of getting double the monies.

7. Deboog

Deboog GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 22, 2013
    United States
    What possible reason could Sony have for deleting codes from their database? You are better off just putting in random codes.
    *I'm not actually advising anybody put in random codes that would be an enormous waste of time.

8. Tikker

Tikker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    this is probably the stupidest suggestion I've ever heard.

9. Hells Malice
    This message by Hells Malice has been removed from public view by Veho, Dec 10, 2015.
    Dec 4, 2015
  10. Majima

Majima Member

Newcomer
    Jan 30, 2015
    Canada
    I'm selling some old used PSN vouchers for 50% off if anyone is interested! My PS+ subscription I used last year can be yours for just $25!

11. N64
    This message by N64 has been removed from public view by Veho, Dec 10, 2015.
    Dec 4, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.