The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
WWvCEmQ.jpg

A creative team within Double Fine (not the team that is currently working on Broken Age, so no Tim Schafer or that other guy or those other guys and girls), but a different team within Double fine, lead by Brad Muir, if that means anything to you, wants to work on a new title, called "MASSIVE CHALICE" (yes, apparently it's in all caps), a turn-based strategy/tactics game in the vein of Fire Emblem and the like. And they've started a Kickstarter campaign to fund it. Their goal is $750,000.

A tactical strategy PC game on an epic fantasy timeline from the creators of Psychonauts, Brütal Legend, and Iron Brigade!

We're inspired by classic tactical strategy games like X-COM, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Fire Emblem, as well as Game of Thrones’ array of noble families. With these influences in mind we’re creating an epic, replayable turn-based tactics game where you train generations of heroes to repel a demonic invasion. MASSIVE CHALICE is a single player turn-based tactics game within a multi-generational strategy campaign built for replayability. As an immortal King or Queen, you must unite your kingdom under a powerful dynasty, eliminate the demonic threat, and reforge the MASSIVE CHALICE!

$20 will get you the game, so go over there and start throwing money at them. [/p]

icon11.gif
Source

I don't know nuthin' 'bout no font color so if this is too dark to read tell me.

Lanlan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Double Fine seems to think they're a lot cooler than they really are. Never played Psychonauts so I can't comment there, but no game of theirs that I've played has been all that good. Sure Brutal Legend had Jack Black and a good soundtrack, but the gameplay was pretty weaksauce.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Can't they just finish the last game they did a Kickstarter for? They're coming off as greedy now.
Like I said, the last game is being worked on by another team. And throwing more people at a project can only get you so far, so you have a bunch of people who are not working on Broken Age sitting around twiddling their thumbs, and an interesting idea for a game, so why not put them to use?

Reactions: Gahars

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
Sounds very interesting, but man, Broken Age isn't even out yet. Seems kinda sudden, to do another Kickstarter that quickly. Even it it's a separate team.

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Double Fine but even the prodigal son of crowdfunding can't just prance around asking for a crap-ton of cash after already having one of the most successful Kickstarters of all time. :teach:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8