Hacking dosbox pkg ps3 rebug 4.8.1 cex won't install

snejk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, let me start by admiting that the ps3 homebrew scene is something that i just recently had started discovering. I came across a problem of inability to install this particular package for no obvious to me reasons. I mean every other pkg file works fine so i'm seriously confused Already tried to download the dosbox pkg file from different sources. Could you please give me a hand with this? Error code 80029564.

snejk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, I'm much obliged! Installation went without any issues this time around but i'm wondering is there any way on how to improve performance. I'm mainly interested in Build engine games such as Blood but it's a slide show. Any hints guys?

snejk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But is there a specific reason of why is this core not being included in the ps3 version of retroarch.right og the bat? I mean, can you add it yourself and is it worth messing with it. Is it going to render the game playable.

Last edited by snejk,

Mark McDonut

GBATemp's Resident Ghostbuster
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nah this one is old just resigned for new firmware so it installs. This is the best we got for now. Try tweaking the dosbox settings in dosbox.conf to meet what games you're trying to run, the dosbox site has some help.

retroarch on ps3 is kind of hit or miss because of the processor the ps3 uses vs. other systems so thats why a lot of cores are still unsupported.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'll just pretend like I know what's going on