RELEASE dOPUS becomes n1dus

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by HiD, Oct 14, 2018.

1. 0000ff

0000ff Spase Peepole

Mar 3, 2018
    United States
    Space
    Can confirm it's on appstore-nx under tools

N1dus is installed and ready to go!

2. XorTroll

XorTroll Tired of classic HOME menu

pip Developer
    Dec 28, 2017
    Spain
    Nowhere
    Oh true

NoNAND likes this.
  3. Punker

Punker Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2016
    Gambia, The
    is there any way to set the archive bit in linux?

4. pr0dukt

pr0dukt Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2018
    United States
    Why is no more need for exFAT a good thing? I just don't get why everyone is so content with clinging onto FAT32... I'd think exFAT file system support would have hit a peak by now, with the size of game and content files expanding as the industry advances, making such a limited file system more and more impractical to use. Yes file splitting exists, yes it's more widely supported for various homebrew, modding methods, and memory editing, but that is also exactly my point... . =\

The exFAT corruption issues exist because it's support on the console overall, is flimsy. Which is also the problem

Let the ol' fatty go with grace, and incorporate support for more practical file systems. If i had things my way, everything would be using NTFS, but exFAT is perfectly reasonable as a universal successor for fat32, as it was intended to be. Though I run into these Fat32 limitations for brews and mods way too often for it being almost 2019.

On another note, thanks for keeping this going. All else aside, this IS a DOPE brew, and will be well utilize amongst the community as it evolves, you can be sure. Kudos and keep it up.

Last edited by pr0dukt, Oct 14, 2018
    Subtle Demise likes this.
  5. mattytrog

mattytrog You don`t want to listen to anything I say.

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    About time.

Well done @HiD

andyhappypants likes this.
  6. XorTroll

XorTroll Tired of classic HOME menu

pip Developer
    Dec 28, 2017
    Spain
    Nowhere
    The reason is file or folder corruptions, and they seem to be caused because Nintendo's exfat support is bullshit.

7. pr0dukt

pr0dukt Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2018
    United States
    Indeed it is, still frustrating. Especially since all my SDs are formatted to ExFAT and full or close to. I just refuse to be hassled by the bullshit that comes with using Fat32 file size and partition capacity limitations. You can barely wipe your ass with 4 gigs these days.. Data mass has evolved so far passed that type of file architecture.. Nintendo needs to get with it.. Sony too tbh. They have better support for exFAT but still half ass NTFS support. The PS3 hack scene used to drive me and others nuts when FAT32 was the sole file system, made data allocation and indexing a pain in the ass. <_<

Melon__Bread and Zumoly like this.
  8. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
  9. Zumoly

Zumoly GBATemp Analyst

Apr 27, 2018
    Mali
    Yorosso
    Yeah I was wondering the same thing tbh. I tried the Fat32 experiment and it turned out to be a nightmare (everything was so slow!). Hopefully SD card access via PC just like vitashell becomes a thing.

10. cherryduck

cherryduck GBAtemp Regular

Jul 1, 2007
    The far side of the moon
    I've installed a couple of XCI's using this tool and both are asking me to update. Kirby allows me to continue and launch, but Sonic Mania only has the option to update or cancel. Both work fine when loaded as XCI's, What's up with this? I can't find updates for these either so it looks like I'm best continuing to use them as XCI's.

11. mattytrog

mattytrog You don`t want to listen to anything I say.

Apr 27, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Don`t swear!!!

Its an Amiga app ;)

I thought when I first heard the name that its a tribute to the old Miggy

andyhappypants likes this.
  12. duckbill007

duckbill007 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2011
    Russia
    @HiD, please, delete ile only after successfull installation!

It's just one `else` at line 39 in dlgInstall.cpp!

13. Reecey

Reecey Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)

Mar 7, 2010
    At Home :)
    Anyone wanting a working main menu Hombrew nsp app of n1dus to install, please just pm me. Route to sd is>sdmc: /switch/n1dus/n1dus.nro just change your n1dus.nro file in future to update your nsp, it's a forwarder for ease of use.
    I hope this is ok with @HiD.

Edit: I cannot post it up sorry, it's made with keys. I don't think it's legal?

Last edited by Reecey, Oct 14, 2018
    npavlovici and DarkUnixOs like this.
  14. Matt7402

Matt7402 Member

Newcomer
    May 28, 2018
    United States
    USA
    i get a 404 error when i try to download. can anyone share the splitfile.py?

15. Dominator211

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    i am this is really good except i dont have the freaking keys to convert to nsp.

16. a9lh-1user

a9lh-1user Newbie

@Matt7402 please read every entry. It's only 2 pages! You will find your answer i'am sure :)

17. jaysea

jaysea GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2009
    Netherlands
    Is it just me or isn't there a compiled nro on the git?

stivan21 likes this.
  18. macia10

macia10 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 13, 2012
    Poland
    nope but it's easy to compile.

19. jaysea

jaysea GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2009
    Netherlands
    gives my all kinds of errors :)

Started with "/opt/devkitpro/libnx/switch_rules" not being found. Then i updated devkitpro and it was asking about SDL2 or something. Killed the window and now I am back to the switch_rules part.

Last edited by jaysea, Oct 14, 2018
  20. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    For now you can get N1dus here: https://www.switchbru.com/appstore/#/app/dOPUS

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted