1. The0919

OP The0919 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi, I'm using a softmadded Dsi with Hiya CFW and Twilightmenu++. 'm trying to get DS Doom to function, I'm using the version found on moddb with RobZ's fork's .nds file, which fixed the "cannot read/write" error issue. However, now when launching the game it tells me "IWAD not found" and will not load. I have tried it in a folder in my roms folder as well as with all the files on the root of my SD card. This is infuriating because it worked once the very first time I installed it, then never again after that. Could some one let me know what to do? Thanks!

2. r0ni

r0ni Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    You need the actual doom data file, known as doom.wad which contains the games data. You can get it from a retail or digital copy of doom and just copy it into the DoomDS directory. There is also a shareware demo online which you can use with only the first episode in it.

You likely won’t get far without that file though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. banjo2

banjo2 little man

United States
    Doesn't FreeDoom work too?

4. MicmasH_W

MicmasH_W Doofy snow leopard

United States
    The problem with Freedoom is that, correct me if I'm wrong, it needs a limit-removing source port to function currently as it has a ton of ginormous maps and would eventually run into an error-

5. PipeWarp

PipeWarp Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Find the shareware wad somewhere. The shareware is free (hence the name), just test it. If it still doesn't work, it;s either your ds or the DSDOOM.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - DoomDS, Found,