Doom on the Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Col70, Mar 9, 2009.

Mar 9, 2009

Doom on the Wii? by Col70 at 9:20 PM (1,100 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Col70
    OP

Member Col70 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Ok I have the homebrew version of Wii on my SD and it's fine but very short (think its a shareware or something...)

What I wondered was.... I own the original version of Doom for the PS1. Is there a way to rip the code out of the game to then put it into the Wii version to play a bsaic ported version on the Wii?????

2. PettingZoo

Member PettingZoo yesss

Australia
    When you say "homebrew version of Wii" does that mean you already have the Doom version for Wii? If not go here and click download on the left. It's the same as any other doom just that you can customise the wads to make it look different (like counter strike). As for ripping code or whatever I'm not sure that there is a PS1 emulator for the Wii or if there ever will be.

Posts merged

When you say "homebrew version of Wii" does that mean you already have the Doom version for Wii? If not go here and click download on the left. It's the same as any other doom just that you can customise the wads to make it look different (like counter strike). As for ripping code or whatever I'm not sure that there is a PS1 emulator for the Wii or if there ever will be.

3. Joey Ravn

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    Well, there's WiiSX, but it's much easier to play with the Wii port of Doom you posted [​IMG]

4. Col70
    OP

Member Col70 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    WiiSX isn't available yet is it ..... or is it???? If so where??

5. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
    I don't think it's possible to rip the wads from the PS disc, it's from the PC version you want.

But, to be fair, I don't think ID will lose much sleep if you "obtain" the full game wad elsewhere; especially since you do actually already own the game. It's not hard to find, just google it.