Homebrew Doom on the Wii?

Col70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I have the homebrew version of Wii on my SD and it's fine but very short (think its a shareware or something...)

What I wondered was.... I own the original version of Doom for the PS1. Is there a way to rip the code out of the game to then put it into the Wii version to play a bsaic ported version on the Wii?????

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
When you say "homebrew version of Wii" does that mean you already have the Doom version for Wii? If not go here and click download on the left. It's the same as any other doom just that you can customise the wads to make it look different (like counter strike). As for ripping code or whatever I'm not sure that there is a PS1 emulator for the Wii or if there ever will be.

Posts merged

When you say "homebrew version of Wii" does that mean you already have the Doom version for Wii? If not go here and click download on the left. It's the same as any other doom just that you can customise the wads to make it look different (like counter strike). As for ripping code or whatever I'm not sure that there is a PS1 emulator for the Wii or if there ever will be.

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
PettingZoo said:

Well, there's WiiSX, but it's much easier to play with the Wii port of Doom you posted
tongue.gif

Col70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
PettingZoo said:

Posts merged

Yes I do have that version but it's only part of the game. What I was hoping to achieve was the version of the game that was on the PS1. I know that in the PS1 version, there are a load of wads in the code. Does anyone know if that code has been transferred and if so where I can get it?
Joey Ravn said:
QUOTE(PettingZoo @ Mar 10 2009, 12:01 AM) When you say "homebrew version of Wii" does that mean you already have the Doom version for Wii? If not go here and click download on the left. It's the same as any other doom just that you can customise the wads to make it look different (like counter strike). As for ripping code or whatever I'm not sure that there is a PS1 emulator for the Wii or if there ever will be.

Well, there's WiiSX, but it's much easier to play with the Wii port of Doom you posted
tongue.gif

WiiSX isn't available yet is it ..... or is it???? If so where??

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think it's possible to rip the wads from the PS disc, it's from the PC version you want.

But, to be fair, I don't think ID will lose much sleep if you "obtain" the full game wad elsewhere; especially since you do actually already own the game. It's not hard to find, just google it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol