Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm curious, @Hykem, would any of these tricks let us play some of the "incompatible" PSOne Classics on our Vita? Is there a similar whitelist file for PSOne Classics, or are some of the lockouts on PSOne Classics built into the games themselves? I'm thinking of things like the Spyro trilogy or the Crash games that are considered "incompatible" for the US but work fine on EU accounts.

Would we simply be able to do the PS3 transfer from a US account, then do a region spoof and have them play as if it were an EU copy?

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So if you're on 3.52 nothing changes for you except for Vita TV users that get that whitelist hack? At least that's where we stand right now, is that correct?
I mean why is this even impressive then? Users under 3.52 had access to homebrew already right? I'm personally on 3.52, am I right that there's absolutely no benefit to my system from this new hack?
Not nagging, just trying to understand why everybody's hyped.xd

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So if you're on 3.52 nothing changes for you except for Vita TV users that get that whitelist hack? At least that's where we stand right now, is that correct?
I mean why is this even impressive then? Users under 3.52 had access to homebrew already right? I'm personally on 3.52, am I right that there's absolutely no benefit to my system from this new hack?
Not nagging, just trying to understand why everybody's hyped.xd
Correct, beyond custom themes and the whitelist hack, this is nothing special, there's no homebrew or anything like Rejuvenate could offer. The reason people were initially hyped was because the OP of this thread had an incredibly misleading title, talking about how the Vita was "blown wide open" despite that not even being close to the case.

dustloop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't wait to finish work and remove the whitelist on my PSTV. I was hyped using my arcade stick on it then when I tried SFxTK it wouldnt boot, so now I can when I remove the whitelist and boot other games like wipeout!

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah but once again nothing new that we cant already do. You cant play back ups cause you cant dump nothing more than 2megabytes in size. Sorry but its not that great, there might actually be something interesting one day worth getting my vita back out for or maybe not :(

Last edited by Reecey,

obs123194

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if there's going to be a spoofer for this "trick" mr.gass made. anyways I'm going to take advantage of the trophy hacks before sony rolls out the "stability" update lol

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This isn't really an "exploit" that would let us do much of anything with 3.52 PSP mode, so no, you can't port ARK-2 with this.
But if I understood correctly there IS already a hack in the works that enables you to launch homebrew and stuff on 3.52 which is yet to be released and revealed. It's just not this one?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
But if I understood correctly there IS already a hack in the works that enables you to launch homebrew and stuff on 3.52 which is yet to be released and revealed. It's just not this one?
Only PSP mode stuff, yes, which is ARK-2. We're still waiting for an exploit game to be announced, AFAIK.

Ah, alright thanks for the info. :) So why are people getting hyped for this then? :unsure:
Correct, beyond custom themes and the whitelist hack, this is nothing special, there's no homebrew or anything like Rejuvenate could offer. The reason people were initially hyped was because the OP of this thread had an incredibly misleading title, talking about how the Vita was "blown wide open" despite that not even being close to the case.

Reactions: Crimsonova

Crimsonova

Professional Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason people were initially hyped was because the OP of this thread had an incredibly misleading title, talking about how the Vita was "blown wide open" despite that not even being close to the case.
Ah gotcha, thanks again. Ah well, the Vita still is a great system even without haxx. :yaypsp:

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this allows us to seamlessly switch accounts/regions on the Vita, I would be beyond happy. Switching to my JPN Account to use DLC for _one_ game is quite an annoying and tedious process. If this allows us to switch accounts like the dev consoles can (within settings?), I wouldn't even care about any other feature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/f8gq43e