Don't Get Kinect Titles Before Launch!!

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
QUOTE said:
Just a word of warning that if you receive an Xbox Kinect game early and perform the title update, it will also update your console to the new dashboard.
Unfortunately, the update isn't the newest version, and every time you try to sign into Live it will try to update to a version that does not exist on the server. Since you can't connect to Live without the newest version, the system will be locked out until the update goes on the servers.

"Due to a retailer error a very small number of customers were shipped copies of a Kinect game ahead of launch," a spokesperson said. "Since Kinect does not launch until November 4th in the United States, customers who insert the game into their console before then will be temporarily unable to access Xbox LIVE.

Source

So hold your horses people!

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well they all look a bit shit so I doubt anyone was going to anyway.

Posts merged

Well they all look a bit shit so I doubt anyone was going to anyway.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll get Kinect when it endeavours to be more than those cheap Wii impersonators I see at my local market and have games worth owning instead of crap minigame compilations and fuckin' scary lookin' tigers.

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bull. Just bull, I´m telling yee. Why did they sell them before launch? That's where the problem is, it'll work fine after release date. Untill then, don't get your panties in a bunch.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This will only effect people who purchase the Kinect games before Kinect is out, and then try to use them without Kinect. If you read what you posted, a retailer made a cockup and shipped the games early.

There will be no issues with this at launch (not in this respect anyway), because the dashboard update will then be availible from XBOX Live when Kinect launches.

Juanmatron

Slater Color
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Even that, there's no any interesting game for Kinect:

Kinect-15-Launchers_1276546237_640w.jpg

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kinect in it's current incarnation doesn't interest me. I remember reading the comments from Johnny Chung Lee that he was working on something amazing for 'post Natal'. I'm wondering if they can get Natal working with 3D TV's, where you could for example reach out and grab something.

SamAsh07

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yeah I meant to type in before launch titles...was reading something else while typing so words got mixed up...pity you can't edit a topic title.

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
the only decent game seems to be dance central... but it's not worth 150$+50$ (or 60$) for both... so screw it i say!

its way over priced.

hyrf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im going to have kinect at 4 of november and 3ds when it comes . i think kinect is great i dont care what people sai. is a family new xbox 360 kinect console

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Apply snorgle to pinfor.