XP
Country
Canada
teusjuh said:
spinal_cord said:
teusjuh said:
spinal_cord said:
CJL18 said:
after 14years we finally get anotehr donkey knog country dunno know abotu ya'll but this is defintely on my top most wanted games list now

DKC64 was released in 1999, so that's 11 years, not 14. You can't remove a game from history just because it was crap.

the nintendo 64 game from donkey kong was donkey kong 64 and not donkey kong country 64
and it was not crap

so the last donkey kong country was 14 years ago

I stand corrected on the first point, but not the second.

donkey kong 64 is a stand alone game and not a part of the country serie
thats why it not have the name country

donkey kong country 3 is the official latest country game
and donkey kong 64 is the offical latest platformer

so the last donkey kong country is 14 years ago
and the latest donkey kong platformer is 11 years ago

but i hope there will be a viritual console release of donkey kong 64 until we can play donkey kong country returns
He said he agrees with you about the DK64 not being a DKC game. He's disagreeing with you stating that DK64 wasn't crap.

And holiday season is Christmas season. Because that's when most game sales happen in the year.

B

Bladeforce

Nintendo owns the rights to the Donkey Kong franchise just because Rare made it (dont forget nintendo where closely with them when they did make it) doesnt mean it wont appear again. Not only that I saw the game the present day Rare team have for the new M$ device and I have to say it pales in comparison to anything the original team produced mainly because most of the original team jumped ship after M$ took over (and I dont blame them) Rare is only Rare in name only not talent that went years ago.

But damn!! Donkey Kong Country again!! I havent had goosebumps like this for over 10 years now!!

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bladeforce said:
Nintendo owns the rights to the Donkey Kong franchise just because Rare made it (dont forget nintendo where closely with them when they did make it) doesnt mean it wont appear again. Not only that I saw the game the present day Rare team have for the new M$ device and I have to say it pales in comparison to anything the original team produced mainly because most of the original team jumped ship after M$ took over (and I dont blame them) Rare is only Rare in name only not talent that went years ago.

But damn!! Donkey Kong Country again!! I havent had goosebumps like this for over 10 years now!!

Just like Goldeneye.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't wait for this, a truly good looking DKC title (2 was so-so and 3 was bad.) Dk64 isn't part of the series, it has nothing to do with trying to erase it as much as it should be. Rare should be shot for that game, twice. A massive overworld map you could walk across in 20min was bad enough, but to fake making a long game by forcing a 5x over replay of each stage with each ape to get their banana's and coins was inexcusable. They took a good 20 hour game and made it over 100hours with that frauded out bs. If anything that game is why the DK franchise has been mostly dead meat ever since outside of DKC ports and the bongo games and barrel blast.

CJL18

OP
Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
Vampire Hunter D said:
Can't wait for this, a truly good looking DKC title (2 was so-so and 3 was bad.) Dk64 isn't part of the series, it has nothing to do with trying to erase it as much as it should be. Rare should be shot for that game, twice. A massive overworld map you could walk across in 20min was bad enough, but to fake making a long game by forcing a 5x over replay of each stage with each ape to get their banana's and coins was inexcusable. They took a good 20 hour game and made it over 100hours with that frauded out bs. If anything that game is why the DK franchise has been mostly dead meat ever since outside of DKC ports and the bongo games and barrel blast.

2 was so-so? yeah your opinion sux!

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah and my fact is you're a troll if that's all you can do to back it up. The stages weren't as inventive or fun, and the forced collection of coinage so you weren't blocked for progression by that dude on the map was insanely aggravating. I've never been a fan of collect-a-thon bullshit and looking back I really think that probably was the first Rare game giving a taste of how bad it would get with them in the N64 era of 'collect 500 puzzle pieces to open the door' to go through and find another asking for 300 more at the back of the next room. :\

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I for one am super excited about a new Donkey Kong Country, true its not made by rare so we will have to see how it turns out, but retro studio's has done great with metroid, they stay true to nintendo's way. IMO DKC series for SNES were EPIC! When i think of retro-gaming/emulation or what have you, i think of DKC on SNES, my all time Favorite! I've not been this excited for a game in a very long time
tongue.gif

fartos32

Trophies
XP
Country
Vampire Hunter D said:
Yeah and my fact is you're a troll if that's all you can do to back it up. The stages weren't as inventive or fun, and the forced collection of coinage so you weren't blocked for progression by that dude on the map was insanely aggravating. I've never been a fan of collect-a-thon bullshit and looking back I really think that probably was the first Rare game giving a taste of how bad it would get with them in the N64 era of 'collect 500 puzzle pieces to open the door' to go through and find another asking for 300 more at the back of the next room. :\

Well I have to say I loved DK64. I was only 7 or 8 at the time so i couldnt say I'd still like it if I played it again. I can't remember how long I spend playing it, but I found all the stages great, though a bit hard since I was so young. The fact that I liked it and it took me months to finish made it great, I had friends played it as well giving it a social aspect. All the flaws that people have pointed out I was too young to even notice. I'd give it a 9 or 10 out of 10. Feel free to disagree with me.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that would make sense if you were 7 or 8 for sure. I think it came out around 1999 which would have made me 22 at the time so my threshold for needless repeated bullshit was vastly smaller than a little kid would be. I give credit though, had it just been 1 giant world, swap Kongs to reach certain areas much like say Samus a new abilities she stumbles on that would have been outstanding, but as it downright grating. :\

I'll say for someone say 12 and under that totally would be a total package 9 for sure, but for someone beyond the age where sheer flashy luster doesn't cover up doing a bunch of re-runs and stuff it's not so hot. I can't even remember, brother had it not me, if you could just ignore the jerks and just use DK and play it out 'in part' to see the end. That would be fine too.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason I was never really a fan of Donkey Kong Country. It seemed good enough but I just got bored and never really liked it. Maybe it's just not my game.

But I'll definitely try this on release. Probably won't buy it but I didn't even buy SMG2 (which I was initially planning on). Hopefully they'll add some nice twists to the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I heard a new term today related to Cali, thought was funny, "California Sober" lol
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL LMAO
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I hurt ancientbois feelings
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You wouldn't remove your teeth?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But his mouth is stuck on your meat
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    AN SOFA
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I had a power nap woke up with so much gas it's awesome
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    holy shit why do i have 19 notifications?!
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    AND WHY ARE SOME OF THEM BUNDLED UP REACTIONS TO POSTS?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cause I maybe, maybe clicked like a few times.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You're as loved as much as Juan now enjoy it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm sorry for the insult
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    the difference is i like wario and samus and he likes muscle mommies and feet
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait, i forgot wizards too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a buddy that has a moonshine still and he makes his own shine. He brought me a jar of some peach shine/brandy, shit is damn good. Gonna have to see if can get more.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    careful that shit don't make you go blind
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh that's only if you drink what first comes out when distilling, you must throw out the first part of it when it starts running. (Its called the "head(s)" of the run) Or use it for fuel or a general purpose cleaner
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If alcohol would've made @BigOnYa blind by now it would have
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So True.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should make a poll for bigonya to change his username to DrunkOnYa
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's my alt
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't wanna go to the store someone go for me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Call my wifey, tell her pick up stuff on her way over.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pick up my door dash meat me in the allyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wifey is busy, so ill send my buddy @AncientBoi , in his gimp outfit. "who ordered the 6" sausage?""
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Wifey is busy, so ill send my buddy @AncientBoi , in his gimp outfit. "who ordered the 6" sausage?""