Hacking Done Wiikey install - how do I get it to work?

BillnTed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi folks, long-time lurker; first poster.

Just done my wiikey install, and despite shaky hands, appears to be ok. However, the disk I burnt with the 'non-gamecube' image from wiiikey.cn loads but I can't seem to do anything with it. The 'reset' button toggles between 'wiikey configuration' and 'reset console'. Have I just got the wrong iso?
Top corner it says 'WiiKey base v1.0' (the PAL is right for me in good ole britain)
thanks,
bill

instigator

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The 1.0 versions of this software require a GC joypad. Download the 1.1 version if you don't have one to use the reset button method.

BillnTed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ah, then the wiikey.cn site appears to have the old version up, as I've just d/l'd and burnt a DVD disk of the other PAL version and that also has v1.0 and won't toggle between headings with the reset button.

Looks like I'm off to GameStation to get a 2nd hand gamecube pad tomorrow, unless anyone can put me out of my misery.
cheers,
bill

mrdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've got it right. The 1.1 disc still displays 1.0 on the screen. Only difference is reset button functionality. Tap it to move between menu options and hold it to select or change a value.

BillnTed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mrdan,
You're my hero!
'fraid I can only offer you a virtual beer.
Thanks for shining a light on my ignorance - wiikey.cn is pretty light on helpful text.
cheers!
Bill

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello